Battlelog Says I need to Update BF4 But It's Already Updated.

by DeagleDoubleG

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlelog Says I need to Update BF4 But It's Already Updated.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello,

I'm getting a little frustrated about this so it would be VERY appreciated if someone here can help me out.

So Battlefield 4 hasn't been working since Origin has downloaded and installed Naval Strike for BF4. For PC.

I'll try to keep this simple and easy to understand. I've been trying to fix this for at least 2 weeks and I've Googled it, Youtubed it, opened ports etc. Disabled Firewall and AntiVirus. Nothing has resovled it so far.

I've reinstalled Nvidia drivers, downloaded and reinstalled latest version of Origin. Deleted brower history, cache, cookies for Google Chrome (latest version). Using Windows 7 64bit.

So here it goes:

1. I open up Origin (I've logged out and logged in many times).

2. I click play on Battlefield 4.

3. Battlelog says I need to update Battlefield 4.

4. I click update. (says - "Installing game. Waiting for you to finish the installation...)

5. Origin opens and does nothing.

6. So I right click on Battlefield 4 and press "Check for update".

7. It says "Battlefield 4 - Is ready to play" and "You're all set - Battlefield 4 is up to date".

8. Restart Origin and repeat. Nothing resolved.

9. Now I right click on Battlefield 4 and click "Repair Game".

10. Goes through the "Verifying Game Files.." thing at around 80-110MB/sec.

11. At 99% a message pops up and says "Network Timeout. Uh oh. The download server is not responding. Please check your internet connection, or try again later."

12. I click close and then it says "There are no active tasks at this time."

13. Restarted Origin etc.. and Battlelog still says I need to update Battlefield 4.

I've followed these sites as well but they don't seem to work for me. I've checked them 4 times!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Battlefield-4-is-fully-installed-but-the-battlelog-plugin-say...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1450245/bf4-wont-play-battlelog-says-update-available-even-though-im-alre...

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/PC-BF4-Won-t-Finish-Download-Network-Timeout/td-p/2267651

I hope that this has helped someone here so they know what could be causing this issue for me and anyone out there that has the same issue as me.

Cheers,

LeiJet

Message 1 of 32 (23,548 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlelog Says I need to Update BF4 But It's Already Updated.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok, I finally got BF4 working. 

I did a clean reinstall of Windows 7. Everythings is working fine for me now. :D

Probably had a corrupt Windows registry or file somewhere.

View in thread

Message 24 of 32 (6,014 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kgTEaEbNRI I was having the same issue and this worked for me and another in the same forum thread, it will make sense when u what the video, but in my case I had to use Xpack2, as my others where numbered Xpack0 and Xpack1, the other guy in the same tread had to use Xpack3, which will all make sense when you watch the tube. WARNING this is playing in your registry so watch the tube a couple of times and write down exactly the steps required

Message 2 of 32 (23,487 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I have the same problem, this is getting hopeless I've done all the fixes suggested and none of them fixes it... I've re-installed the Battlelog plugin, I've re installed origin, I've checked if it has the same problem in other browsers and yes it's the same. I've deleted my whole patch folder and re downloaded everything from scratch. I've made sure my anti virus and firewalls were off during downloads, port forwarded the suggested ports.And still Battlelog still says I need to install the patch.
Message 3 of 32 (23,470 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks wiredzzz but that didn't solve my problem.

Message 4 of 32 (23,461 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have same problem, did all what typed the TS, and game don't work

P.S at BF4 folder alredy were Xpack0, Xpack1, Xpack2 folders

How to fix?

Message 5 of 32 (23,452 Views)

★ Apprentice

Why at 99% a message pops up and says "Network Timeout. Uh oh. The download server is not responding. Please check your internet connection, or try again later." ?

Message 6 of 32 (23,451 Views)

★ Apprentice

plz attach this topic at top of main BF4 folder

Message 7 of 32 (23,449 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi guys, i think i found a solution. I had the same problem as you and what solved my problem was this:

1. Navigate to your Battlefield 4 folder in your Origin Games folder

2.Find the json file which should be in the battlefield 4 folder

3.Replace the text in that file with this exactly:      {"sku":"origin","build":"117022"} 

4. Restart Origin, play!

This worked for me, i am so glad to be playing bf4 again Standard smile

Good luck

Message 8 of 32 (23,397 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah that got rid of the battlefield needs an update but now i can't even get the app to boot is just says joining server. i looked at task manager bf4 is there for a bit never launches a visible application and just disappears from task manager completely while battlelog says i'm still joining. **bleep** SICK OF THIS **bleep**. FIX ONE THING BREAK ANOTHER

Message 9 of 32 (23,387 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@NiftyNuisance Thank you so much this fixed it for me!
Message 10 of 32 (23,381 Views)