Battlelog Plug In - Mozilla Firefox - Infinite Loading

by At0mfred

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlelog Plug In - Mozilla Firefox - Infinite Loading

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey, I'm having a problem.

Everything related to multiplayer doesn't load, when I'm in Battlelog. It won't load friends or servers or even battlepacks. Everytime I try, it just shows this loading square going up and down. But nothing happens. Even after like 10 minutes or more.

This happened after my game crashed yesterday due to a GPU error. This is the first time my game crashed.

I restarted my PC and this problem occured. I tried to use another browser.

When I opened Battlelog, everything seemed to work fine, but when I installed the Plug In, "Loading..." Square and stuff.

My RIG:

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3

nVidia GeForce GTX 780 (Palit)

8 GB RAM

I have tried:

Reinstalling the PlugIn, but somehow it didn't really work. I deleted the folder in C:\Program Files(x86)\Battlelog Web Plugin or whatever that folder was called.

Reinstalling DirectX from the Install Folder.

GPU Drivers are up to date.

Thanks for the help.

Screenshots of Battlelog:

http://imgur.com/8ZPi6S7

http://imgur.com/E2HDo0I

Message 1 of 7 (1,964 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlelog Plug In - Mozilla Firefox - Infinite Loading

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had this suddenly happen as well.

As ragnarok013 mentioned about Script Blockers, my cause was with NoScript. Even though I had everything allowed in NoScripts preferences, I had to completely disable the add-on to get the servers to load again.

I assume a recent add-on update (NoScript 2.6.9.32) caused this as the add-on had not interfered before now.

Hope it helps.

UPDATE:

After messing around more with the script blocker, I discovered that suddenly any script blocker (Including NoScript and Ghostery) that blocked any/all of the Facebook and Twitter cookies, would cause the servers to not load. Does not matter what version of the add-on is installed. With Blockers on but all Facebook and Twitter spyware allowed, BF4 works as it should again. Google Services turned off did NOT disable the servers.

I guess this is something EA setup recently. I suppose EA is making some sort of revenue from the Twitter/Facebook  c.r.a.p.?

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,973 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

This seems to be a firefox issue.

With chrome it works, with firefox i have the same issue as described by the op.

Message 2 of 7 (1,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ditto for me - Firefox 39.0 user with Adblock Plus.

Message 3 of 7 (1,905 Views)

Turn off any adblock or flashblocker software in the browser and go into your add on security settings and white list the battlelog plugin and ESN sonar plugin.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 7 (1,893 Views)

★★ Novice

AdBlock is deactivated for the website and in my Add-ons Battlelog Game Launcher is on "Always Activate".

Strangely, I don't have the ESN Sonar Plugin.

Maybe its because of the Flash problems right now, because I think Firefox deactivated Flash to prevent security breaches.

But that would still raise the question, why it worked yesterday and after a game crash, it stopped. I don't think the problems lies there.

As the others have already said, it seems that Firefox has some problems with it right now.

I have tried using Chrome for it, and I finally managed to get it to work.

But I would still like to know, how to fix this problem, because I don't really like using Chrome.

BTW, thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 7 (1,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had this suddenly happen as well.

As ragnarok013 mentioned about Script Blockers, my cause was with NoScript. Even though I had everything allowed in NoScripts preferences, I had to completely disable the add-on to get the servers to load again.

I assume a recent add-on update (NoScript 2.6.9.32) caused this as the add-on had not interfered before now.

Hope it helps.

UPDATE:

After messing around more with the script blocker, I discovered that suddenly any script blocker (Including NoScript and Ghostery) that blocked any/all of the Facebook and Twitter cookies, would cause the servers to not load. Does not matter what version of the add-on is installed. With Blockers on but all Facebook and Twitter spyware allowed, BF4 works as it should again. Google Services turned off did NOT disable the servers.

I guess this is something EA setup recently. I suppose EA is making some sort of revenue from the Twitter/Facebook  c.r.a.p.?

Message 6 of 7 (1,974 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey,

thanks for the heads up.

I tried messing around with NoScript and just discovered, that everything works fine if you activate most of the scripts.

The thing I hadn't allowed was one of the Google scripts.

And I had to allow the Twitter Button in Ghostery.

Thanks for the help.

Message 7 of 7 (1,781 Views)