Battlelog BF4 Open Beta LIVE server down?

by floflop1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlelog BF4 Open Beta LIVE server down?

★★★ Newbie

Message 1 of 70 (21,252 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlelog BF4 Open Beta LIVE server down?

Community Manager (retired)

The Battlefield 4 Open Beta has finished. Our team thanks everyone participating the Beta, providing feedback, helping players on Answer HQ and just having fun with our community on the servers.

Your feedback was very helpful to improve our game and we are all looking forward to the full release of Battlefield 4.

Thank to all of you guys, you were a blast!

Cheers

Basti

View in thread

Message 2 of 70 (21,104 Views)

Hero

The beta was not taken down without notice.

It was in the Original Battlelog news message: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/join-the-battlefield-4-open-beta-on-october-4/

It was also on the help page: https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-4-beta-information

It was even mentioned on the blog: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/this-is-the-bf4-beta/

Now considering Dice needs to close the backend systems to optimize and update them it's only natural that the Beta has to close in good time before the game arrives. Even IF Dice could keep stuff open and everything would go down everytime they updated something, I understand  why they didn't do that since so many people didn't understand that beta's are ment to break. People seemed to think they were entitled to play and that the beta was supposed to be a flawless demo.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 23 of 70 (2,052 Views)

Re: Battle BF4 Open Beta LIVE server down?

Hero (Retired)

Hello,

"The Battlefield 4 Open Beta has finished. Our team thanks everyone participating the Beta, providing feedback, helping players on Answer HQ and just having fun with our community on the servers.

Your feedback was very helpful to improve our game and we are all looking forward to the full release of Battlefield 4."

source http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/IMPORTANT-Battlefield-4-Beta-has-finished/td-p/1673621

Regards, Libever 

View in thread

Message 48 of 70 (1,276 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

The Battlefield 4 Open Beta has finished. Our team thanks everyone participating the Beta, providing feedback, helping players on Answer HQ and just having fun with our community on the servers.

Your feedback was very helpful to improve our game and we are all looking forward to the full release of Battlefield 4.

Thank to all of you guys, you were a blast!

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 70 (21,105 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so.... playstaion store has it all over their pages and are telling people to download it and all of a sudden you guys are done letting people access it?? what the f#$% are we supposed to do?? admire the start page?????  how are you gonna release a f#$%ing beta and then cut all access to it?? i have pre ordered 2 copies of battlefield 4 so we can play in each room but it is clear to me now that i think i might just take the money from those and put it into call of duty ghosts. EA you are one dissapointment after another.

Message 3 of 70 (20,687 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I still can't get it. I've tried everything from restarting ps3 and router, but I still get the " you have been disconnected from the EA server". I downloaded the beta yesterday and it was playing fine, but today it won't let me play. very disappointed.  I was going to get Battlefield 4 as my first Battlefield game, but if this is what I'm going to experience in the full game, I'll just take my money and give it to call of duty.

Message 4 of 70 (20,349 Views)

★ Novice

What a bs. 2 weeks of holliday and then this. Cancelling pre order.

Message 5 of 70 (20,176 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Wow. I downloaded almost 2gb to play for a day and a half. Glad I stayed up late last night unlocking that battlepack. Considering how incredibly buggy it was, Im forced to doubt that you collected NEAR enough data to prevent releasing an underdeveloped, over-buggy, half-assed piece of garbage like MW3. You will get no money from me sir. Enjoy your public outrage.
Message 6 of 70 (20,044 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The beta being closed so soon has influenced me not to buy the game and maybe boycot EA and have other gamers do the same

ITS AS BAD AS WHEN PSN CRASHED BY HAKERS! PUT BF4 BACK ON! 

BAD ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH OBAMAS BS!

Message 7 of 70 (19,304 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 8 of 70 (19,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

there was no mention of beta closing in 2 weeks and also no particular date... downloaded beta yesterday so i can play today guess wat it says server down.. tried to see when they gona b up and running .. n finally found out BETA IS CLOSED.. wow still no mention about beta ending.  they better start it up again or im just sticking to COD no fake promises.. COD IS COD.. unlike only on bf4.. true tat... i think im gona cancel my pre-order of my first BF game.

Message 9 of 70 (19,109 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I created an account here just to comment. This is ridiculous, Ive heard of this beta only for the last 2 days, I downloaded it yesterday and played a few games on it. Eager to show others, I went to turn it on and all you can **bleep**ing do is change options, its ridiculous, leave the beta open so we can actually test the **bleep**ing game, youve already lost a lot of upset customers, so dont lose anymore. Dissapointment

Message 10 of 70 (18,891 Views)