Battlefield error 262148:131086

by Paeyte

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Still Trying to Download Battlefield 4 Beta

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey all,

My download for the beta preload keeps resetting. As soon as it reaches 100% it drops back down to 81% and never finishes. I left my PC on for 12 hours and it still hasn't finished...

This is a gif of what is happening: http://puu.sh/4EM4E.gif

-It's not my internet. This happens over and over and over, each time I get to 100%

-I'm running Origin as an administrator 

-I have the "Update to the beta version if available" option checked

-I've rebooted my computer several times

-I'm using the latest version of origin.

-I reinstalled origin mutiple times.

-I opened up the ports listed in the thread bellow. Didnt help one bit

Finally got an actual message

Error code: 262148:131086: http://puu.sh/4FklM.png

This is pathetic

Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me twice, shame on me. 

Message 41 of 97 (4,190 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Still Trying to Download Battlefield 4 Beta

★★★ Newbie

Networxgt

Yoiu were correct. The issue is the Cas_01.cas file. I was able to get a copy from a friend and was able to get it to work.  I am uploading it to my bitcasa account right now. i will post a link here if anyone wants it. 

To get it to work, i paused the download. Added to file to \Origin\Games\Battlefield 4 Beta\Data. Then restarted origin. On restart it started to install the BF4 beta.

View in thread

Message 65 of 97 (3,018 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I found a solution that worked for me. Page two of this thread from battlefield forums.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/en/forum/threadview/2955064762457890340/2/
Look for post from MonasticMoose or something like that

View in thread

Message 66 of 97 (3,015 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried everthing in the threads listed above.  This is what worked for me and I'm playing now.

1. Close origin

2. Delete the cas_01.cas file and the one labele thread located here, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 Beta\Data

3. Download the file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49042480/bf4%20beta%20missing%20file/cas_01.cas to your dat location.

4. Restart origin and resume the download it should start installing.

Enjoy!

View in thread

Message 69 of 97 (2,981 Views)

All Replies

Battlefield error 262148:131086

★ Novice

Trying to download the BF4 preinstall and I keep getting a error. When I restart the Origin client it starts the preinstall again and then just loops back to 81% after reaching 99% of the installation. Also trying to download for my husband on his computer and the preinstall completed but now the Installation process has frozen and I am unable to cancel the install, pause the install or even close the Origin client. 
After disabling firewall and my antivirus software and restarting modem and router and computer I now receive this error 262148:131086.

Message 1 of 97 (3,140 Views)

Re: Battlefield error 262148:131086

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. The only answer I get anywhere else is "just try again".

Message 2 of 97 (3,052 Views)

Re: Battlefield error 262148:131086

Hero (Retired)

@Paeyte wrote:

Trying to download the BF4 preinstall and I keep getting a error. When I restart the Origin client it starts the preinstall again and then just loops back to 81% after reaching 99% of the installation. Also trying to download for my husband on his computer and the preinstall completed but now the Installation process has frozen and I am unable to cancel the install, pause the install or even close the Origin client. 
After disabling firewall and my antivirus software and restarting modem and router and computer I now receive this error 262148:131086.

Hello,

There were some issues with pre-load check this:

"UPDATE 9/30/2013 12:10am EDT: Pre-load is now available for everyone that did not see the BF4 Exclusive Beta in their Origin “My Games” Library.  You’ll be in the squads that are first to fight on Oct. 1st.

We've receive reports that the Battlefield 4 Exclusive Beta Tile is missing for some players in Origin and the Beta cannot be preloaded. Our team is investigating this issue so that it can be corrected as soon as possible. We're sorry for the confusion, and appreciate your patience."

Source https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-4-beta-preload-delay

Regards, Libever 

Message 3 of 97 (3,027 Views)

Battlefield 4 Beta Preload Problem

★★★ Newbie

I have tried to download the bf4 beta nine times now and each time it gives me this message, "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error : 262148:131086". Anyone know what this means or how to fix it?

Message 4 of 97 (2,836 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preload Problem

Hero

Are you running Origin as administrator with all the correct ports open?

carbonic signature

Message 5 of 97 (2,812 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello,

Try resume download process or start from a beginning and it should be ok, at least helped to meStandard smile

Regards, Libever

Message 6 of 97 (2,800 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am running as admin and all my correct ports are open. Still nothing. I have tried reinstalling origin, i have tried redownloading constant times. Still nothing. 

Message 7 of 97 (2,735 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is also happening to me as well.  I've tried to redownload about 10 times.  This is under admin, with beta ticked, etc.  Still get the same error code, and it trys to revert back to 81% each time.

Message 8 of 97 (2,725 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. The preload will have an unsuspecting error at 99%. I've tried to resume, it shoots back to 82%, gets to 99%, then fails again. I've tried starting over and the same result.

Message 9 of 97 (2,716 Views)