Battlefield 4 -xbox 360- won't install, not even on the original hard drive itself...

by Heathbar24

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 -xbox 360- won't install, not even on the original hard drive itself...

★★★ Newbie

I have an XBOX 360 with the 250 GB hard drive. Stuck on rainy screen. XBOX reports 211 GB free space and a 1.9 GB BF4 file present, but the game will not play for my son. Is there any troubleshooting available from EA? Went through all the support docs but only those without an internal HD seem to have trouble -- nothing on failed installs.

Message 51 of 83 (5,944 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 -xbox 360- won't install, not even on the original hard drive itself...

★★★ Newbie

UPDATE: I thought we solved it by deleting the failed installation files and reinstalling--but no luck. After 4 unsuccessful installs, over three hours of fiddling and a second trip back to Game Stop--I have told my son that from now on the only question I will ask him when he wants to buy a game is; "Did EA manufacture this game?' If the answer is Yes--my response will be NO. We will never spend a dime on an EA product again. There is no support and their products do NOT WORK.

Message 52 of 83 (5,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What an infiriating business practice to produce a product that does not work with a segment of your customer base. My middle school son saved his money to buy your inferior product and was so excited when it was delivered. After encountering this problem, we were disappointed to learn that it basically will not work on the system that we own that it was designed to work for.

My hope is that darwinian economics will cull your business from the marketplace. Because any enterprise that produces this kind of idiocy and con game doesn't deserve to survive. Our operating model from now on is to apprach any game produced by EA with extreme caution. BUYER BEWARE! Gamers, speak to EA with your wallets, because that is apparently the only language they understand.

Message 53 of 83 (5,834 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Kiss off. Your obligated to say it has to be the $130 drive to use the game. It's false advertising to do anything else. BF4 is the only friggen game I've had this problem with. Doesn't recognize the internal memory that came with the xbox from Microsoft. Forcing people to buy an additional drive at the tune of $130 just to play. You don't fix the problem and it will be the last EA product I'll ever buy. You only have to make a patch to fix it. I'll be looking into the legal area of false advertising and making people have to buy something else to use it after the false info on the game. COD Ghost says the same thing word for word on the drive info and works with the internal memory that came in it. What's your excuse?

Message 54 of 83 (5,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@racinjason14 wrote:

Kiss off. Your obligated to say it has to be the $130 drive to use the game. It's false advertising to do anything else. BF4 is the only friggen game I've had this problem with. Doesn't recognize the internal memory that came with the xbox from Microsoft. Forcing people to buy an additional drive at the tune of $130 just to play. You don't fix the problem and it will be the last EA product I'll ever buy. You only have to make a patch to fix it. I'll be looking into the legal area of false advertising and making people have to buy something else to use it after the false info on the game. COD Ghost says the same thing word for word on the drive info and works with the internal memory that came in it. What's your excuse?

I just looked at the game cover again to make sure and yes it's false advertising. Say it works on Xbox 360. Doesn't say anywhere on it that it is only for the 360 with an internal hard drive. I knew there was a reason I stopped buying this garbage and went only with COD, but my sons wanted BF4 for Christmas. Now they have a gift I have to explain as you have it but can't play it because they want to force you to buy a $130 accessory to use it. EA is garbage!!! 

Message 55 of 83 (5,820 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Oh I'm so peed off I agree with all comments I tried everything to install, had this for Xmas present so don't know if they still have the receipt. I will not be buying another battlefield again u can trust me on that!
Message 56 of 83 (5,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The reason I prefer console to pc is because its much more convenient. Put the disc in the console and play the game. But now for the first time in over 30 years of gaming, I put the disc in and...what? Must have a proper HD to download content. Well, I have a proper xbox. It has an internal HD...no wait, now I'm told that it isn't technically a HD, it is an internal flash drive. Well excuse me! It says on the back of the game that you must have 2 gb of HD space available for the game to work. Like I said, I've been buying games for over 30 years. I was buying games for the commodore 64 when most of you weren't even thought of.lol. There is nothing on the back of that game to suggest that a 4gb machine won't play it.Period. I bought mine from Future Shop and they took it back with no questions asked. Even after it was opened. Kudos to them. But EA or Microsoft or Dice or whoever best get their **** together and state CLEARLY on the game that a 4 gb machine will not work with this game. Leaving it as it is...Criminal. Plain and simple. Used to be a PS guy. Switched to 360 cause my buddies had it. I've gone through 3 360 consoles in the last 6 years. Garbage.

Tired of buying xbox's crap. Fisher Price controllers, Battery packs that don't last. The price for a wireless controller hasn't dropped one bit since the 360 came out!! Still $60.00. What a joke.

I'll be seriously trying to convince my fellow gamers to switch to the PS4 instead of xbox one. I'll gladly play Killzone again. I'm sure BF4 is a great game but this has been the last straw for this cat. Money's too hard to come by to be pi**ing it away.

Message 57 of 83 (5,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is a **bleep**ING reason why I don't buy EA games. All they do is just mess **bleep** up, I bought a $60 ring of plastic to find out that I have to go spend more hard earn money on a $130 HDD extension. I think that's bull**bleep**. COD: Ghosts didn't need the xbox hard drive to download, now that I think about it neither did GTA 5.

Message 58 of 83 (5,225 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well EA, I guess this is goodbye. You **bleep**ing **bleep**s aren't getting another dime out of me. I can't play my newly purchased games because of some bull**bleep** update bug that yall refuse to fix. **bleep** YOU AND **bleep** YOUR COMPANY. I've been buying EA games for over a decade. From NBA LIVE, to Madden to FIFA, to the Sims and Medal of Honor. I bet I've sunk nearly a grand into your company over the years. Not any more mother**bleep**ers. I have bought my last EA product. 

I will throw a party the day you go Bankrupt. 

'

Message 59 of 83 (5,131 Views)

Re: X360 Install idea

★★★ Newbie

Well you can take out your computer HDD and Format it easaly or use a Flash drive and format it to your xbox. FOR FREE

Message 60 of 83 (4,932 Views)