Re: Battlefield 4 -xbox 360- won't install, not even on the original hard drive itself...

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 -xbox 360- won't install, not even on the original hard drive itself...

★★ Novice

On the xbox 360, I press A for the mandatory install. Next I selected my external hard drive. That didn't work because it was external but I didn't worry because I have 3GB left on the xbox's internal memory. WTF! It says that this game only permits installation of HD content on the Xbox Hard Drive. But, the 3GB on the internal hard drive is of course the Xbox Hard Drive.. How do I get around this?

Message 1 of 83 (125,387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 4 -xbox 360- won't install, not even on the original hard drive itself...

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

At this point, acquiring an Xbox 360 hard drive is the way forward for this.

https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-4-xbox-360-install-guide?utm_campaign=bf-display-us-socom-tw...

If this isn't an option, you may wish to return the game.

Sorry that we can't do more to directly assist, and I hope the info helps.

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 83 (128,672 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Do you have the 4GB xbox slim?

Message 2 of 83 (124,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the black 4 gig xbox slim. I have 3 gigs free, why wont it work?

Message 3 of 83 (124,361 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Let me explain this battlefield 4 is having the same problems as three did the 4 gb Xbox's memory is not considered by the xbox to be an xbox hard drive but a flash drive  ( even though it is because it came with it and I have the same system) so the game is not recognizing it as a xbox hard drive even though in fact it is one. So since the drive is "not" xbox to the game it will not download. How do we fix this you may ask? I have no idea I am in the same boat you are this is the first day one game I have ever played and I'm disappointed.

Message 4 of 83 (124,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

[edit, removed as incomplete information, check below]

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 83 (124,345 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have that kind of flash drive now what?

Message 6 of 83 (124,340 Views)

★★★ Newbie

bumping it upzorssss

Message 7 of 83 (124,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

At this point, acquiring an Xbox 360 hard drive is the way forward for this.

https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-4-xbox-360-install-guide?utm_campaign=bf-display-us-socom-tw...

If this isn't an option, you may wish to return the game.

Sorry that we can't do more to directly assist, and I hope the info helps.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 83 (128,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wish to do neither actually I wish to play the game on an xbox console. period. I loved bf 3 and I was hoping to play this one and hoped it would work guess not well ty for trying I guess.

Message 9 of 83 (124,318 Views)

X360 Install idea

★★★ Newbie

Whos stupid idea was this to require a HDD on the X360 for a 2GB UPDATE!?! THANKS EA!? I only spent 60 bucks for plastic i can`t play now. I love bending over for stupid desicions like this! If it isn`t Activision it`s EA Frown  So since i`m supposed to ask a question here it is..: Since i can`t play BF4 on my 4gb slim and refunding this POS is redundant, what EA employee that made this stupid idea can i throw my copy at??? But i digress, i`m reading the other problems that are happening to other people and i sympithize for y`all Frown When BF5 comes out i`m going to just buy a case of booze instead. This is the future everyone, sick and tired of it yet?

Message 10 of 83 (124,297 Views)