Battlefield 4 won't play for xbox 360 slim

by bedevildeviljho

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 won't play for xbox 360 slim

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I have the xbox 360 slim and every time I try to play it ask me to download the hd add on which I cannot because the 360 slim doesn't have a hard drive and then it just sends me back to the xbox home screen. So because my xbox cant have a hard drive I cannot play the game I spent 100 dollars for?
Message 1 of 33 (35,487 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 4 won't play for xbox 360 slim

@bedevildeviljho wrote:
I have the xbox 360 slim and every time I try to play it ask me to download the hd add on which I cannot because the 360 slim doesn't have a hard drive and then it just sends me back to the xbox home screen. So because my xbox cant have a hard drive I cannot play the game I spent 100 dollars for?

Yes BF4 requires an internal HDD in order to play, there is no way to get around that. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 2 of 33 (35,664 Views)

All Replies

@bedevildeviljho wrote:

Yes BF4 requires an internal HDD in order to play, there is no way to get around that. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 33 (35,665 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is the download you're talking about separate from the required 2GB download at start-up? Because I've been looking for this fabled "14GB optional download" with hopes that it'll have an HD texture pack of some kind, yet have found nothing..

Message 3 of 33 (35,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How is this considered a solution?  Shouldn't there be a warning going out to people that there is a version of the 360 it doesn't work on?  That would have to be better than having people being stuck at an install screen only to find out there is no work around short of opening up their 360 and installing a compatible HDD.

Message 4 of 33 (35,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How is this an acceptable option for EA to alienate what I sure adds up to close to 1/2 of the 360 owners?

Message 5 of 33 (35,082 Views)

★★★ Newbie
U can put a he'd in the slim. I bought my hdd when I bought my 360 read the instructions that came with ur xbox to learn how. U can buy the hdd at walmart for 129 dollars or do like I did and order it on eBay for 60 dollars brand new in pkg
Message 6 of 33 (35,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me, and I called Gamestop to no avail. "Since it's opened we can give you $27 cash back or in store credit, but you can buy a hard drive here for only $129." ONLY?  this is nonsense. Like everybody can afford that with no problem, that's how all these forums act. 

Message 7 of 33 (34,848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If there going to be a actual solution for this problem? If so, when?  Because I have more than 2GB of space in my Xbox slim and yet it doesn't enable me to download the content. 

Message 8 of 33 (34,827 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It works unfortunately it's a 129 dollar fix for an issue that shouldn't exist
I very displeased with ea and Microsoft but that's how corporations work...they screw the customer..... If you choose to buy the Microsoft hard drive... Only works with Microsoft hard drive it runs about 129 at best buy... You will not need a cable for it.... There is a side door on your xbox u open it and drop the HHD IN I have no problems with it ....happy hunting
Message 9 of 33 (34,677 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yea, maybe the 300,000 of us in the East Coast will go out and spend $129 on a 320GB hard drive for an XBox that people are going to abandon in less than 30 days to go to the new XBox and the new 320GB hard drive won't work in that new XBox anyhow. Great idea dip$hit
Message 10 of 33 (34,632 Views)