Game will not launch from browser....

by xusd666x

Original Post

Re: Stuck on loggin in

★★ Apprentice

Hey EAGuy.

Yeah, I'm still getting that same "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" APPCRASH with the fault module d3d11.dll whenever I try to start a game from Battlelog.

I definitely haven't overclocked my gpu at all, and I believe it's running at normal temperatures.

I'm really at a loss for what could be conflicting since I have failed to run the game from a clean boot or a safe mode boot as well.  I will try unhooking all of my USB devices except for what is absolutely necessary to play the game, i.e. mouse and  keyboard and see if that helps.

Message 81 of 113 (2,216 Views)

Game will not launch from browser....

★★★ Newbie

I have downloaded and installed the plugin multiple times. I have also gone through about 5 different live chats with EA support. I have done everything they have asked including repairs and a clean boots and uninstalls/ reinstalls and nothing has worked. Everytime i try and launch the game it tells me i need the plugin...

Message 82 of 113 (2,206 Views)

Re: Game will not launch from browser....

★★ Apprentice

BF4 works fine on my spare hd with my other 3tb drive plugged in, although I seem to have lost progress in my campaign.  May actually get a chance to play multiplayer tonight.  Swapping drives to play a game is a pain in the you know what......

Message 83 of 113 (2,184 Views)

When I launch it almost immediatly crashes

★ Novice

What is happening is when I attempt to launch the blue bar and everything comes up including the window but as soon as the actual map starts to load, the game crashes with a window comes up saying that BF4 has stopped working .

If you have a fix pls tell me as soon as possible. Thanks

Message 84 of 113 (2,135 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi bcom33, 

Did this make any diffrence to the issue at all? I assumed it wouldn't as it seems that for whatever reason DirextX is crashing when you try and play. 

You've tried resinstalling DirectX 11 a few times already haven't you? What method are you using to do this?

==

xusd666x,

Have you tried using a diffrent browser? Have you clearing your Cookies & Cache for your browsers? I assume when you mentioned the re-installs, you mean that you're removing the Battlelog Plugin via the Control Pannel and then downloading it again from the site? 

==

subnetyutter,

Being able to play like this makes me think that you have something on your SSD that is causing the game to not open properly. This is something that you mentioned before, what exacutly are the programs on your SSD?

==

antman2124,

If you check your reliability report, which you can do by following the steps below, do you see any reports for Battlefield 4?

• Open your Start menu and type "reliability" into the search box, select the option 'View Reliability History' 
  • Look for any 'Battlefield 4'' errors.
  • Double-click the related Critical Event under Source.

If you find any of these please post them here. 

Thanks 

EAGuy 

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 85 of 113 (2,059 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For everyone having DX11-issues. If you have a NV GPU and "Geforce Experience" installed, disable ShadowPlay!

Message 86 of 113 (2,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hey EAGuy.  I actually didn't get around to trying the game out while unplugging USB devices (got a PS4 last Friday and have been busy with that).  I will do it tonight.

As for DirectX.  I tried running the installer from the "redist" folder in the Battlefield 4 game folder.  I also tried downloading both DirectX 11, and DirectX9 directly from the DirectX website, or wherever Google brings you, I think it was this site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113.

It also looked like whenever I was reinstalling AMD drivers it installed DirectX as well, but I could be wrong.

Is there any way to force the game to load in Windowed Mode rather than borderless mode?  I know in Origin there is an input box under Game Details or something for startup.  Do you know the command to force windowed mode?  I ask, because with Battlefield 3 I had an issue for a long time where the game would load on the taskbar, but would not launch full screen, and when I somehow ran it in windowed mode, the screen would automatically load into the game on startup.  I wonder if maybe this is a similar issue.  

Obviously, here the game is not even appearing in the taskbar before I get the "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" error, but hey, it's a shot in the dark.

Message 87 of 113 (2,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Just back to confirm that unplugging excess USB devices didn't work.  Nothing in the way there.

I'm going to try to hunt around the internet and see what else could be causing this DirectX11 error...

EDIT: Ok the weirdest thing happened.  I downloaded something called the BF4 Settings Editor from this page: http://battlefield.realmware.co.uk/bf4-settings-editor/downloads

I loaded their default profile from the Profiles tab, and then under the Settings tab, in Graphics I changed Display Mode to Windowed, and under Console I unclicked the check marks for DirectX11, DirectX11.1, DirectX11.1 Runtime, and DX Deferred CS Path. 

I then saved those settings.  I got an error saying it couldn't properly save PROF_SAVE_BODY or something like that.

I loaded BF4 from Origin, and hit Play Campaign. AND IT LOADED.  I played for about 5 minutes and then quit out to test if multiplayer would load.  It wouldn't load.  It went right back to the APPCRASH d3d11.dll error I have been getting forever.  When I tried to load Campaign again, it also gave me the same old error.  I tried re-saving the settings in BF4 Settings Editor, but no luck.  I then went into My Documents/Battlefield 4/Profiles and deleted everything in the folder and re-created the new profile.  Still wouldn't load.

So I have it nailed down the problem seems to be something with either the game running in Fullscreen mode or with DirectX 11 on my computer.  Is there a way to force these settings to OFF through the Origin command console?

Message 88 of 113 (2,009 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

The steps here should help with launching it in Windowed mode. 

Thanks 

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 89 of 113 (2,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So I tried this.  So now when I click on the Battlefield 4 64-bit icon on the desktop it loads a Battlefield window, but then I immediately get the d3d11.dll appcrash error again.  It does not load the Battlelog in my browser.  I also tried with the x86 Battlefield icon on my desktop, and also tried forcing the 1920x1080 resolution. 

I also tried loading the game from Battlelog with this applied, but that gave the same error as before.  I also went into Game Properties after right-clicking Battlefield 4 in Origin, and entered -w into the command window there, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Message 90 of 113 (1,985 Views)