Re: Battlefield 4 won't launch

by ka11iber

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Quote coconutkreame:

The simple solution for hang ups during launching a game is to "click" on the BF4 icon that's

in the taskbar, this will bring up full screen of BF4, when the server info says "joining server" then "logging in..." on the taskbar, wait

a few secs for BF4 icon to appear and click it, waiting for the program to go fullscreen seems to hang it up.

End Quote

The problem is, from what I'm reading, no one is even getting that, I know I'm not seeing anything pop up on the task bar.  I have tried starting it (both 32 and 64bit) with task manager open and keep watching in there and never see the exe flash up for even 1 second.  It's like the game is installed but when you try to run it, it doesn't exist.

Message 21 of 113 (1,975 Views)

Re: Can't Connect to Multiplayer, Campaign, or Test Range, Help?

★★ Apprentice

Tried launching all this from a clean boot last night as well. No go.

Message 22 of 113 (1,964 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Exactly my problem as well.  EA please address whether or not this is going to be fixed in the client patch.  I paid over $100 for a game that I have yet to be able to play.

Message 23 of 113 (1,964 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@bcom33 wrote:

Exactly my problem as well.  EA please address whether or not this is going to be fixed in the client patch.  I paid over $100 for a game that I have yet to be able to play.

Agreed, I have yet to see anywhere that EA/DICE has acknowledged this problem exists.  Can anyone confirm this is being worked on?

Message 24 of 113 (1,961 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Has anybody tried again since the new server update supposedly rolled out, R7?  I would, but I'm at work for the next 7 hours or so.

UPDATE #4 (Nov 6): 
R7 Server Update Rolled Out 
We just rolled out a new server update for Battlefield 4 that should fix some of the most common server crashes across all platforms. Let us know if this patch improves server stability for you. Patch notes below: 
-Fixed two of the most common server crashes (All platforms) 
-The "admin.say" command should now work properly (PC) 
-The "vars.preset" command should now work better in conjunction with other vars settings (PC) (It is now easier for server admins to set a server preset) 
-Fixed a bug in the queue system regarding GUID (PC) 
-Fixed various minor bugs (PC) 

Message 25 of 113 (1,947 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I ran home at lunch for something else and tried it. No difference for me, just sits there and goes nowhere.
Message 26 of 113 (1,928 Views)

★★ Apprentice

K, thanks!

Message 27 of 113 (1,925 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA can we please get a responce from you , and let us know a sort of time frame or period in which you guys need to fix this problem , otherwise people are going to keep wasting their time installing it i have used 80 gigs reinstalling this game not too happy battlefield 3 works fine but not 4

Message 28 of 113 (1,919 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bump. I've had the same problem all week and posted a thread about it that got completely ignored.

Message 29 of 113 (1,908 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

"eaguy" seems to have scratched this off of his to-do-list once it got flagged as Solved. Maybe we should start a new thread.

I pre-ordered this a month ago and got a solid week of play before reinstalling Windows and all my programs, drivers, etc. The only change to my system was an upgrade from Football GTX580s to Football GTX780s. Same driver number though, according to nVidia, so I'm at a complete loss.

Message 30 of 113 (1,901 Views)