Help us improve Answer HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks
Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
vaginaslayer6969

Battlefield 4 super bad artifacting

I have been trying to play Battlefield 4 but my game artifacts so bad all I can see is a blue sky and lines streaking across my screen. It is completely unplayable.

I have a Dell inspiron 15r special edition. 8gb ram, 2gb graphics memory , i7 2.2 GHz processor. Im fairly positive its not my computer as I exceed the minimum requirements.

All of my drivers on my computer are up to date, I have updated not only the graphics drivers but literally all the drivers on my computer and nothing has changed. I have tried to reinstall the game and it did not work.

When I went into my options for some reason the game was running at 0 fps? Even a super piece of crap computer can do better than that.

Any help would be very appreciated

Community Manager
EA_Barry

Re: Battlefield 4 super bad artifacting

1)

Make sure you have all important Windows Updates installed, also .Net Framework and C++ Redistributables

2)

• Head to the Battlefield 4 installation folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 by default, then find the _Installer folder.
  • In _Installer, navigate into the VC folder, then into vc2012Update3, and finally redist.
  • In redist, find both the x86 and x64 versions of VCredist.exe.
  • Run and install both versions, and your game should now launch without error.

3)

Run DXSETUP.exe from this location to be sure all the required DirectX components are installed:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!