Battlefield 4 suddenly "not responding"

by Nejdez

Original Post

Battlefield 4 suddenly "not responding"

★★ Novice

Hey. So i am playing this game since release and for the past lets say... 2 months the game did not crash on me one single time. Today i went to my friends house to play some battlefield with him and my game suddenly crashes randomely at any given time. Sometimes i "survive a match" but mostly it will crash once in a match or even twice. I didnt change one.single.bit on my software or hardware. I just moved with my pc to his house. We nearly played the whole day dead space 3 and there was not one single crash whatsoever. I am normally able to fix most of this stuff myself but this kind of problem pisses me the hell off.  I reinstalled the newest drivers and other stuff that was in the battlefield folder. But its really weird that the game was completely fine before i actually went to my friend to play LAN. His game never crashes.

I hope to hear that someone else might be having those problems since yesterday and/or can help me out with this issue. 

For hardware (even though as i said it worked flawlessly for the past months) 

i7 3770k 4.0ghz oc 
4gig ram 2133 
560ti OC 
windows 8.1 

Best regards.

Message 1 of 34 (863 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 suddenly "not responding"

Were you using wireless and playing on the same server at the same time? BF4 takes up a lot of bandwidth and you may have been maxing his bandwidth causing packet loss and an ultimate crash. DId you friend crash too, and if so does he normally play without crashing? Did your friend use wireless or a hard wired connection to the net?

When you went home were you able to play the game without crashing again?
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 34 (838 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey ragnarok. I am connected to the internet via cable and he is via wireless. His game didnt crash once yet.

Message 3 of 34 (828 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been crashing a lot since April 14 too, new NVIDIA drivers?

Message 4 of 34 (811 Views)

@Nejdez wrote:

Hey ragnarok. I am connected to the internet via cable and he is via wireless. His game didnt crash once yet.

That is odd indeed, I would have suspected the wireless conenction to have had more problems.  When you returned home were you still crashing or are you able to play normally?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 5 of 34 (809 Views)

@Tea-Assault wrote:

I've been crashing a lot since April 14 too, new NVIDIA drivers?

Try the new NVIDIA drivers, if you are stil crashing downgrade to the last version of the NVIDIA drivers that worked for you without crashing.  Do you receive any error messages or error codes when you crash? If you do please post them verbatim.

Message 6 of 34 (808 Views)

★★★★ Novice

just downgraded trhe drivers, still crashing, clean install with new ones, still crashing, clean install old ones, crashing, it just freezes and stops working :/

Specs:

i7-2600k @4.1GHz

2x EVGA GTX 760's in SLI

16GB DDR3 RAM

and a decent mobo though i dont know which kind

Message 7 of 34 (804 Views)

★★ Novice

The game started crashing on me 2 days ago out of nowhere. I had an older driver installed and also tried the newest. didnt change much. Its really weird :/

Message 8 of 34 (798 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just going to bump this, this is my 6th crash in as many hours :/ any help?

Message 9 of 34 (780 Views)

★★★★ Novice

update, crashed twice in the last 2 hours, anyone with the same issue?

Message 10 of 34 (776 Views)