Battlefield 4 save game corrupted

by mongotheog

Original Post

Battlefield 4 save game corrupted

★★★ Newbie

I just set up my ps4 today, I had killzone and decided to return it to pick up bf4, I played a decent amount of the campaign, then went on to multiplayer.  After that I played some of the free games psn offers, then decided to go back for some more b4f campaign.  After starting the game I was told there was an error, it closed out of the game and I restarted it, and as soon as I did it told me my saved game was corrupted and now it just restarts from the very beginning.  Ive read others are having the same issue, and that ea is working on a fix for it to come out next week, which is great, except I really, really dont want to replay the SAME hour and a half of the campaign that I just played.  Is the fix going to let me play from where I left off?  If not is there anything I can do to get a refund? I have the reciept for the game still.  Im really infuriated right now as I just returned killzone for a defective game and now can not play or else start from the beginning and probably run into the same problem.  this is rediculous

Message 1 of 31 (6,560 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 save game corrupted

★★★ Newbie

Im pretty pissed i beat the damn game and and every thing icollected and unlocked is gone

Message 2 of 31 (6,513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I would be too, im pissed and I didnt get to far but originally I started the game on the 360, I played maybe a half hour to 45 mins through the campaign, but didnt want to go farther knowing i'd be buying it for either ps4 or xbox one, so when I picked it up for ps4, it was my second time starting the campaign, now this happens and If I want to play it through Ill have to start again for the 3rd time, and who knows how many more if this problems persists.  I cant stand having to repeat certain parts of games this many times, it bores the hell out of me and I dont even want to play it anymore unless they correct the problem and my game continues from where I left off which i doubt.

**EDIT** wow now everytime I start the game i get an error so I cant even play online, Im soooo glad i took killzone back to buy this.  EA please tell me where I can ship this game back to along with my reciept for a full refund.  I didnt pay $63 for this garbage, even when its fixed I , my save data is corrupted and I no longer want this game.

Message 3 of 31 (6,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here.  Completed the entire game on HARD and ended up losing the entire thing, twice.  It started when the game would just quit.  It did this twice.  At the end of the campaign I went back to try and get some more trophies and the file was corrupted and the only option given was to delete it!

I started a new game and got about 2 hours in and the same thing happened.  I did notice that I do have the trophies from the first game. 

Message 4 of 31 (6,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yup this is stupid, I dont want to keep playing this game over and over again, Im going to take this game back to meijer tommorow and see if they will take it back, I'll just tell them its defective and if they do refund me Im going to just get killzone again

Message 5 of 31 (6,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

anyone from EA there?

Message 6 of 31 (6,414 Views)

★ Novice
I have the same issue so far i've deleted manually my bf4 save and still hasen't had any issues when playing online! I'm holding to play the campaign for the patch to be sure not to lost my progress again!
Message 7 of 31 (6,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me and what really pisses me off is that I can still see all my progress on the battlelog but still have to start over.

Message 8 of 31 (6,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have been playing this game on xbox one since Friday, all has been well until today! I went to play a multiplayer game, and the screen went black with the little Gray icon moving in the top right corner. Five minutes later is was still doing it, so I quite the game and came out of it. Loaded my game back up and went to play my campaign mission, i was on the level after the Titan ship level! Low and behold, I am being offered to start a new mission from the very beginning, my saved game has gone!! I'm so cheesed off with this as I now have to play it all through again, what a stupid waste of time. I'm sorry but EA should not be releasing games with these types of bugs in them, that completely spoil a players enjoyment. They don't even have the decency to compensate their customer properly....... How about giving us the free premium pack for free, instead of lousy double XP weekend....... Total crap!
Message 9 of 31 (6,015 Views)

For the Xbox crowd saving your campaign data on the cloud seems to prevent the game save data corruption. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 10 of 31 (6,007 Views)