Battlefield 4 on PC with Xbox 360 controller - Needs work (suggestions below)

by GAmbrose1982

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 on PC with Xbox 360 controller - Needs work (suggestions below)

★★ Novice

I just made that mistake and bought it 

Message 61 of 86 (3,927 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 on PC with Xbox 360 controller - Needs work (suggestions below)

★ Apprentice

I bought it over the weekend, but had to return it right away due to poor gamepad support. As mentioned before, every game, especially every high profile game released in 2013 should have full controller support. There are no excuses, really; if the consoles have it, the PC should as well. Period.

Message 62 of 86 (3,887 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah me too.  Pretty pissed about it myself.

Message 63 of 86 (3,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Solution  / solution to problem of controller not working:
Requires  pc controller "logitech dual action  g-uf13a " [or its sister model / i forget the #]  
their a very standard model logitech  pc controller  and are quite inexpensive /
Your graphics drivers must be updated  and be able to support the game  [  i  set graphics to 1280 by 768 60 hz in video display
Settings for smooth play ]   make sure you go to logitech  website and download their  support driver package for 
Your system ]  im using windows 7/ 64 bit  /  after  update and driver  package , have controller plugged in and restart ,
Start the game   -- your mouse should sbe working  -- youll need to  " re-map ' your controller  [ i did ]  -- go to keybindings
To "re-map"  , cursor over "name"and clik , move to "joystick" ,clik and press the button you want to assign for that
Command -- [ you need to watch for "duplicating "  two commands on one button [ just search and "clear" by holding esc.
Youll have to make the best use of your buttons and go to the different areas like " on foot" or " in vehicle" and re-map
To your best ability  /  tips  "alt delete will sometimes help with fullscreen  /  right clik and " system compatability " can 
Be usefull sometimes  / apparently their is a battlefield 4 x box special controller $50 [ i dont know if it works with pc ]
[ emulator  ?   Bluetooth? ] oh yeh -- " zoom " coomand [ press down on right joy button is tricky but it works ]
P.S.  Some keyboard functions  could be used still?
Ki11spy over and out

Message 64 of 86 (3,412 Views)

★★ Novice

RE. SOLUTION USING LOGITECH CONTROLLER  [ DUAL ACTION ]  YOUR LOGITECH  DOWNLOAD  DRIVER PACKAGE  IS BASED ON THE  " MODEL NUMBER "

OF THE CONTROLLER   ---  AND YOUR  O.S.                        KILLSPY

Message 65 of 86 (3,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If Game doesn't fully support controller It shouldn't get more that 5 out of 10 in reviews. This makes me sick we pay for the game 60 quid and we are getting sub quality, unfinished product. Sub quality of a beta of the game should be distributed out of charge. If product isn't finished why is it being sold? If a producer of the cars was selling cars at the deveopement stage, with some of the 'functions' failing it would be the end for them. As a customer who paid for a product I demand that all the issues are resolved and controlls FULLY implemented, I can't understand how does it make any sense to half implement the controlls system, you can shoot you can move but to give attack order to your squad you have to reach to get the keboard... 

Message 66 of 86 (3,379 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, Battlelog should be controller friendly and it should be PROPER ingame support for controller.

Most games have it these days, hell even most INDIE games I bought have managed to implement proper X360 pc controller support, its just embarrassing and LAZY that it battlefield and battlelog are missing it.

And the worst thing is, that EA and Dice doesn't even care, and they wont even comment it even trough the are lots of threads about it. Way to go!

Message 67 of 86 (3,264 Views)

★★★ Novice

I use my controller to fly jets and helis but have a major problem in BF4 that I didn't have in BF3 - the joysticks trigger the spot menu some of the time. Anyone know how to fix this?

Message 68 of 86 (3,019 Views)

★★ Novice

TO DELTA FIXER  RE. JOYSTICK " TRIGGERING MENU"  ----  ITS A POSSIBILITY YOUR " COMMAND " [ THE POSITION WHERE THE ERROR OCCURS ] IS BEING  " DUPLICATED " TRY CHECKING OUT ALL THE MAPPING OF ALL THE OPTIONS [ LIKE ON FOOT , IN VEHICLE ETC. ] YOU COULD CONSIDER 

TEMPORARILY DELETING  " MENU " COMMANDS FROM ALL MAPPING AREAS  AND PUTTING IT BACK ON ONE BY ONE IN THE DIFFERENT 

MAPPING  LISTS  --  I KNOW THAT DUPLICATING OF COMMANDS CAN CAUSE WEIRD RESULTS //   SEE YOU IN WORLD OF TANKS?

Message 69 of 86 (3,008 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dear EA,

I am writing this because I would like to know why my xbox 360 controller will not work on Battlefield 4 now.  When I first got the game it work great! and now after a few Orgin updates it no longer work.  Why is this happening? and are there any fixes you have? I would really like to play Battlefield 4 again and I am terrible with my mouse and keyboard and would like to play this game again.  Honestly I am very heart broken over this and would like to see a fix for this issue.

Message 70 of 86 (2,829 Views)