Re: Battlefield 4 on PC with Xbox 360 controller - Needs work (suggestions below)

by Finding_Beacon

Original Post

Battlefield 4 on PC with Xbox 360 controller - Needs work (suggestions below)

★★★★ Novice

Hello battlefielders, moderators and staff. As a person who really likes to play with a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard (as I like playing from a couch on a large TV) I have the following suggestions to make the experience better. 

-Make it so that we can fully navigate menu's , like on console. as-of now, it is impossible to close certain dialog boxes, tips , and menus (options for instance)
-Make it so that we can customize our weapons in the loadout (single player AND Multiplayer)

-Make it so that we can switch squads during multiplayer 

-Automatically change the onscreen icons when you have a controller attached.

In other words : please consider making the controller work and do exactly the same as the xbox 360 version of the game, which I imagine wouldn't be too difficult since it's already coded.

Message 1 of 86 (91,120 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 on PC with Xbox 360 controller - Needs work (suggestions below)

★ Novice
Gambrose, maybe you can help me. I also want to use my xbox 360 controller on my PC version. But, it is not letting me assign any keys to it. Should it automatically work? Or is there a setting I need to change in order to use the gamepad?
Thanks for any suggestions you have.
Message 2 of 86 (90,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I agree, I too play with a 360 controller. I have not yet bought the game because of the issues I had in the BF4 Beta with the controller. If it is sorted out the way it should be I am ready to buy.

Message 3 of 86 (90,588 Views)

★ Novice

I agree with this. I refuse to buy Battlefield 4 until this is resolved.

Simply unacceptable, especially since HDTV PC gaming has taken off in recent times.

Message 4 of 86 (90,577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I play with the controller as well. It's come a long way since the beta and I have little to no issues with it. Feels like I'm playing on Xbox. Standard smile

But I agree with some of your points. The icons in-game should change. 

Message 5 of 86 (90,571 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm the author of the BL thread : http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064766659018133/2/

And yes I obviously agree. If they make it so that it runs exactly like the 360 version it would be so great ! then I do not have to pick up a mouse to change things anymore.

Message 6 of 86 (90,567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@dugulus wrote:
Gambrose, maybe you can help me. I also want to use my xbox 360 controller on my PC version. But, it is not letting me assign any keys to it. Should it automatically work? Or is there a setting I need to change in order to use the gamepad?
Thanks for any suggestions you have.

I presume you have the Wireless pad and the PC receiver already?

Mine just worked to be honest, make sure it's turned on/plugged in before you start up Origin...

Message 7 of 86 (90,560 Views)

★★ Novice

Having issues with binding the 360 controller. Left trigger seems to be hard locked to free look when in jet or helicopter. Deleting all the keys for free look will just make the left analog stick unresponsive when holding the left trigger in first person mode. Seems to work fine in 3rd persoin mode( probably because there is no free look in 3rd person mode). Also need option to click thumbstick once for afterburner. Double clicking or holding the afterburner makes flying difficult, seems like a reasonable request since this is how afterburners work on the console.

Message 8 of 86 (90,523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Left trigger freelook no matter what! Fix this now pls i can't fly properly cause im used to throttle on triggers. Already been in the BETA and reported! Even 15 year old games support modern gamepads without this problems.

Message 9 of 86 (90,509 Views)

★★★ Novice

God, I just want to be able to map to southpaw settings for Jet flight. I can't stand using right stick from pitch and yaw. But if I do alternate them, I can't get the accelerating and decellerating to map Axis 1 Y +, Axis 1 Y -. 

I still can't manage to properly fly with mouse and keyboard. The mouse is rediculous, I dont' like to constantly move my mouse left to roll/turn left. 

Honestly, is it that hard to port console gamepad preset settings? 

Message 10 of 86 (90,286 Views)