Re: Battlefield 4 not starting up

by Carbonic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 not starting up

★ Novice

Ok so I haven't played Battlefield 4 in a while so I decided to play some today, I still had it installed on my PC, just downloaded some DLCs and the game is not starting up. The first few times the game was starting but then quickly closed, now nothing, on the Battlelog site it says "Playing Battlefield 4 on PC", the bf4.exe process is there in task manager as well but no sign of the game anywhere, it worked fine before, I tried repairing the game through Origin, tried different servers, restarting my PC, switching from Chrome to Mozilla, still nothing.
i5 4670
r9 270x
windows 10 (64 bit)

Message 1 of 3 (282 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

The Windows 10 anniversary update brought with it a bug that makes the game not appear if you run in anything else than fullscreen. Try resetting the BF4 settings by removing your settings. You do so by removing the settings folder located at: 

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (273 Views)

All Replies

Hero

The Windows 10 anniversary update brought with it a bug that makes the game not appear if you run in anything else than fullscreen. Try resetting the BF4 settings by removing your settings. You do so by removing the settings folder located at: 

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 3 (274 Views)

★ Novice

You're a hero man, thank you so much

Message 3 of 3 (245 Views)