Re: Battlefield 4 multiplayer is not working!! HELP!!!!

by XxSNAKExDRxX

Original Post

Battlefield 4 multiplayer is not working!! HELP!!!!

★★★ Newbie

Recently BF4 has become junk! Multiplayer is useless, I have excellent internet connection but yet all the servers show little to no bars on connectivity. Which changes each time I power down and back up. I'll try to join a server and the game will close out and put me back at the dashboard, that, or I will play one map and once it goes to load the next map it will close out the game and take me to the dashboard or just sit at a black screen?!?!! WTF!?? I've deleted the game and reinstalled, each time I do, it will work until I shut down and come back to play the next day. I have all the ports open and what not, NOTHING has changed as far as my hardware or software. EA needs to fix this, nothing but problems since this game came out.

Message 1 of 10 (4,479 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I should have added, I'm on Xbox One console and hard wired to my router/modem.

Message 2 of 10 (4,463 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have this problem. All my ports are open, per the link provided in another thread. I am hard wired into my modem/router. My speeds are 60down/6up  - 42ms latency. No a single thing has been changed. Myself and a few others in my platoon are having this SAME issue. We search for a server > connect to it > game closes out and we are taken back to Xbox one dashboard., or we are finally able to get into a server > complete a game > going to next map in the rotation > game closes out and we are back to the Xbox one dashboard. Once either of these things happens I am no longer able to connect to a server. I will continue to be taken back to the dashboard or sit at a black screen after selecting a server to join.  This just started about a week or two ago, since all of my connections are showing very low connectivity to every server that I normally had full bars, something has changed, and it wasn't on my end. I have deleted the game and reinstalled it numerous times, each time it says "BF4 needs a required update" of 4.9GB, it will work after I re-download the game until I shut it off and play it again later. I'm not going to keep doing that every time I want to play, this is ridiculous. The past year the latency issues have become terrible, making the game unplayable. PLEASE find a fix.

Message 3 of 10 (4,446 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the posts. Can I check what regions and ISPs you're using? I'd also be curious what router you have? It's probably not a factor but worth checking. 

You mention a reinstall helps, but of course it's completely unviable to reinstall every time. Can I check if shutting down your system manually by holding the front button has any effect?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 10 (4,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_David I'm in central US (Kansas) and I have Cox internet. My router/modem is a Motorola ARRIS SBG6580. I've also tried unplugging, holding down the power button on the controller to power down AND the console, also I have tried clearing the alternate MAC address.

Message 5 of 10 (4,434 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_David could I some how get the the latest update for BF4 sent my Xbox??

Message 6 of 10 (4,413 Views)

Community Manager

@XxSNAKExDRxX Hi, the updates should be automatically distributed. Can I check if your HDD is short on space or if you're using an external one?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 10 (4,391 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_David I've used 75% of my storage space, leaving 90GB free. Also, I should add it is doing what it use to do on 360, the server names will not show up. Instead, just numbers will be in place of the names on the server browsing.

Message 8 of 10 (4,384 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@XxSNAKExDRxX Ah, thanks. Can you check your privacy settings? The server name issue tends to be due to overly-strict privacy, perhaps this is also having a strange knock-on effect on the game. 

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox-one-privacy-and-online-safety

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 10 (4,376 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_David I will check but again, I haven't changed anything. My friends and I started having the problem at the same time, three of us would have the game crash after a round and then not be able to get back into the server after restarting the game. I know for a fact those guys way faster internet speeds than myself.  I just checked my privacy settings, nothing is blocked, everything is allowed or public. My NAT type is OPEN as well. SOMETIMES, sometimes clearing alternate MAC address/rebooting will show the server names, changing from just numbers, but not always. I got it to work yesterday and my latency, according to the graph on screen, showed 50-+ but the frame rate was TERRIBLE! That could have been due to WAY TO MANY foreigners in NORTH AMERICAN servers. That's another can of worms I wish could be fixed, "restricting region"  option to rented servers... but anywho. Thank you for your time and I hope we can get this resolved.

Message 10 of 10 (4,360 Views)