Battlefield 4 keeps crashing: Battlefield 4 stopped working

by --CHAESSAR

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 keeps crashing: Battlefield 4 stopped working

★★★ Novice

As of the latest battlelog plugin update my game has started to crash every time I've entered a server and just freshly deployed. It happens on every server every time. It just wont work!

Message 71 of 94 (600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

UPDATE

After numerous tries I found out that the first time I play on BF4 I crash in 1 minute, if I then rejoin a server I can play one or mo0re rounds and then I crash again 

So every day, I crash within 1 minute, after rejoin everything works fine FOR JUST 1 OR MORE rounds.

Message 72 of 94 (570 Views)

★ Apprentice

Faulting application name: bf4.exe, version: 1.3.2.3825, time stamp: 0x53a4d82a
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 9.18.13.4052, time stamp: 0x53b4437c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000ac7605
Faulting process id: 0x22bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfcae49dbee3fd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report Id: 95df787f-36ed-11e4-8308-60a44c64aeff
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Message 73 of 94 (536 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

same

Message 74 of 94 (522 Views)

★★ Novice

Using Windows 7 ultimate x64 with Basic theme.

Deleted nvwgf2umx.dll and reinstalled NVIDIA drivers. BF4 crashed after 4 days.

Faulting application name: bf4.exe, version: 1.3.2.3825, time stamp: 0x53a4d82a
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 9.18.13.4052, time stamp: 0x53b4437c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f7bb9
Faulting process id: 0x10ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfcc25ecfd309e
Faulting application path: E:\Jocuri\Origin\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report Id: c9f25c05-381f-11e4-8eda-001fbc016329

Message 75 of 94 (510 Views)

★★ Novice

unistall gforce experince, seems to be working for me so far, i was crashing 3-4 times a game sometimes......so far no crashes, even if it does its better than getting crash after crash! i can handle 1 a day....till its fixed.

gforce experince is not the drivers so card will work fine without it

I've tried all the stuff above, nothing worked! but this seems to be doing the trick so far!

Message 76 of 94 (489 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i dont have gforce exp... 

Message 77 of 94 (485 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okey I have been playing two days (today and yesterday) and I did not crash a single time. A few days ago I had a live chat session with an expert of EA and he told me to remove ALL the files/folders in your Temporary Folder (I had 3700 files in there) and I deleted them all. After that I did a repair install and as of then I haven't experienced a single crash! 

Message 78 of 94 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Cool  llCHAESll  maybe this  is one reason why I never get this error anymore as I run CC cleaner on my game pc every week the cleaner area and the registry area. For anyone with this issue still try what  llCHAESll did if it still fails to fix it for you or you get  the same error back try this..

With all the testing I did with this error I am sure all the extra stuff the video card driver installs makes this error. Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll it is not due to BF4 as all over the net you will see this error for other games and programs on peoples PC's. So holding off for BF4 to fix it is pointless as the issue is on the PC not the game.

After much testing on my own PC the last few weeks this is my list of steps for you guys and girls to try and kill it once and for all. As I could not understand how I got it gone since May and it was not working for others.

1- Download CC cleaner or a program like it and install it, I use CC cleaner and yes this is how I change my video card driver when it needs doing. Semi pain but worth it for me as I had a war with this error for 8 months and I dont want it back.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

2- download new video card driver and put it on your desktop.

3- Un plug your net to the PC it can't be online, this is done to stop windows from installing the video card driver from windows update.

4- Open CC cleaner go to tools and remove all things Nvidia reboot if need be go back to tools and remove every trace of nvidia and reboot pc.

5- When back on desktop open CC cleaner and go to registry scan for issues and fix selected issues then reboot. Keep doing this step until it finds no issues in registry 2x in a row to be safe and reboot PC after each scan.

6-When back on desktop and you know registry has zero issiues 2x then work on video card driver part.

7-start video card install agree and continue on win8.1 it gives me a warrning reg net unpluged continue anyway.

8-Pick custom /Advanced install

9- Do NOT let the video card driver install HD Audio driver or Geforce experience so uncheck both they CAN NOT go in

10- check off perform clean install 

11- you are only going to let the video card driver install 4 things and DO NOT let it install HD Audio driver or Geforce experience and check off  perform clean install.

12-When done reboot PC and plug the Net back in. Then open Nvidia Control panel and go to adjust image settings with preview.

13-Pick use my preference and set it to performance to help run BF4 more smooth most FPS etc. Reboot PC  Edit.... to be safe after reboot  run repair game and then test BF4

Message 79 of 94 (468 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

dont install hd audio driver?

Message 80 of 94 (463 Views)