Battlefield 4 keeps crashing: Battlefield 4 stopped working

by --CHAESSAR

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 keeps crashing: Battlefield 4 stopped working

★★★★★ Apprentice

I completely reinstalled bf4 but still have the same problem FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 11 of 94 (939 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok I followed the steps with CCleaner etc and all the other steps, except for the Framework update etc (don't this that that has got anything to do with this?) but after a few games it crashed again... 

Zorlac maybe we could meet up via teamviewer sometime..

Message 12 of 94 (921 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Well this is so not the error to take short cuts on sadly and doing a new install of the game will not change anything when we don't fix whats wrong on the PC correct. I learned all this the hard way when I had this error and this is why I say to do all the steps with the CC cleaner. Think of it this way when we install a new video card driver even though we pick clean install fragments of  the old driver are still in the registry. And just my view but I think this is one of a few things to help make this error.

I am still testing on my PC but when I turn page file off I get BF4 stopped working when I turn page file back on it goes away. But like I said I am still testing this and will test another few weeks before I add it to my fixes. The error is different I get doing this in event viewer it shows from memory  not video card driver but it is interesting.

Edit just seen your new post... ok now reboot PC run repair game its almost like it all has to work its self out and it may need it a few times. With the Framework update I would do it to fully cover it all just in case. 

I have no idea what  teamviewer is this I will look up  Confusedmileyhappy:

Edit2 ... just thought of this when you removed  BF4 did you kill the BF4 folder in my documents  ? 

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.

2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game. If it fails reboot your PC and run repair game again and test BF4.

Also a buddy who did my fix fully no short cuts had same crash over and over what we did to fix it was....

NOTE :  from  Nvidia Card uninstall the HD Audio driver the nvidia driver installs as it makes big issues in BF4  for some. You will find it in add and remove programs when done reboot PC Confusedmileyhappy:

Another thing that may be worth trying: run a Clean Boot: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/
This should ensure that no programs are interfering in the background.

Message 13 of 94 (915 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I played yesterday after I tried the CCleaner method, played 2 games and didn't crash yet, but that doesn't mean the problem has been fixed.

What is ''page file'' and where do I find it (and check whether it is on or off?).

I did indeed delete my Battlefield 4 folder when I fully reinstalled the game. 

Will try framework and clean boot later..

Message 14 of 94 (899 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Reg this... I played yesterday after I tried the CCleaner method, played 2 games and didn't crash yet, but that doesn't mean the problem has been fixed..... I agree 100%  this error is a pain to fully kill and takes time I think for me I worked on it a week and lived in my event viewer fixing errors in my windows. 

With page file no worries if you never turned it off it is on by default in windows  but if you want to check on it see this page for info how to find it. http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001292.htm

Another thing to look at as it cant hurt is dust in PC as dust makes evil issues,. I blow out my PC's every few weeks with a can of air just kill all power to PC to do this.

If the error keeps showing up do this..Nvidia Card uninstall the HD Audio driver the nvidia driver installs as it makes big issues in BF4  for some. You will find it in add and remove programs when done reboot PC. One person I know has no issues with this sound driver by nvidia but my buddy cant have it installed and I have no idea why it gave him the  BF4 stopped working crash.

Message 15 of 94 (885 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok will try tomorrow, didn't play bf4 today so idk if it's fixed 

Message 16 of 94 (881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I crashed again., but didn't yet do the things in your last post.. 

Message 17 of 94 (875 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

By the way I have to say; sometimes my sound disappeares while playing battlefield 4.. so could it then be the audio drivers?.. 

And here are some crashreports of today's crashes:

Are they the same? (driverrelated?)

and

Logboeknaam: Application
Bron: Application Error
Datum: 25-8-2014 21:18:32
Gebeurtenis-id:1000
Taakcategorie: (100)
Niveau: Fout
Trefwoorden: Klassiek
Gebruiker: n.v.t.
Computer: Pepijn
Beschrijving:
Naam van toepassing met fout: bf4.exe, versie: 1.3.2.3825, tijdstempel: 0x53a4d82a
Naam van module met fout: nvwgf2umx.dll, versie: 9.18.13.4052, tijdstempel: 0x53b4437c
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
Foutmarge: 0x00000000000f7bb9
Id van proces met fout: 0x1b8c
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01cfc0949a4a85e6
Pad naar toepassing met fout: E:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe
Pad naar module met fout: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\nvwgf2umx.dll
Rapport-id: 9991abf8-2c8c-11e4-8307-e03f4910fd87
Volledige pakketnaam met fout:
Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout:
Gebeurtenis-XML:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-08-25T19:18:32.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>25350</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Pepijn</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>bf4.exe</Data>
<Data>1.3.2.3825</Data>
<Data>53a4d82a</Data>
<Data>nvwgf2umx.dll</Data>
<Data>9.18.13.4052</Data>
<Data>53b4437c</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>00000000000f7bb9</Data>
<Data>1b8c</Data>
<Data>01cfc0949a4a85e6</Data>
<Data>E:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\nvwgf2umx.dll</Data>
<Data>9991abf8-2c8c-11e4-8307-e03f4910fd87</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Message 18 of 94 (866 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Ya it is still the nvidia driver doing the crash Confusedmileyfrustrated: What driver or drivers have you tried? I was going to update my driver today but your post makes me think mm no. Have you tried to uninstall the sound driver from video card driver install and run repair game?

Message 19 of 94 (857 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't want to steal the thread but just thought I'd chime in that I too have just recently started experiencing this issue. I'm currently trying many different things that I've read from a couple of sources(one being here at Answer HQ). Same exact issue with nvwgf2umx.dll. We also have nearly identical computers(GTX770 FTW NVIDIA, FX-8350, Win 8.1 64bit, 16GB RAM).

It's late for me, I've been battling this myself and have no clue why it started only happening recently in the last 3-4 days. I'll continue to monitor this thread and can be of assistence if asked, otherwise I'll just lurk. If I manage to find a solution or something that works for me I'll be sure to share it here.

Message 20 of 94 (867 Views)