12-26-2013 05:54 AM
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-26-2013 12:56 PM
12-27-2013 10:04 AM
I've encountered the same problem with BF4 for XBox 360 hanging on the city skyline/rain screen only for my stepson's gamertag (who is under 18). Using my gamertag, my wife's gamertag, and not signing to XBox Live at all got the game to work -- pretty pointless when it's your stepson that's going to play the game the most! All the uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing the XBox hard drive cache, deleting and reinstalling updates didn't fix the issue as suggested in a number of other posts.
Anyway, the apparent problem is that BF4 won't create Origin accounts using XBL gamertags for minors (or maybe it’s due to some parental control setting when I registered my stepson. I don’t know!). You'll have to create an Origin account manually and associate the Origin account with the affected gamertag on your PC. Here's what I did:
1. Go to http://www.origin.com and click "Register" at the top.
2. In the Sign Up - Create a New Origin Account pop up, enter a new email address. I used one my stepson receives email from.
3. Create an Origin ID. I don’t think it has to match the affected gamer tag, but I entered my stepson’s here. Complete the registration process, and log back in to origin.com if you haven’t yet.
4. Download and install the Origin Client for your platform. That button’s in the top right corner of the main origin.com page.
5. Using the Origin Client, I followed this solution to link a XBL gamer tag with the new Origin account. When you click the Connect button for XBL, enter the Microsoft account information for the gamer tag that won’t work with BF4 (yet)!
6. If everything worked, you should get past that dang raining city skyline screen!
It’s a shame that DICE couldn’t produce an error message to indicate the problems that were going on. Hopefully this helps a number of people because it’s widely happening and there’s not any other answers that seem to work!
12-29-2013 11:24 AM
Daft question, but step 4 (4. Download and install the Origin Client for your platform. That button’s in the top right corner of the main origin.com) does thismean you have to install origin client on the xbox ?