Re: Battlefield 4 is stuck on the loading screen on my Xbox 360

by squigglestv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 is stuck on the loading screen on my Xbox 360

★★★ Newbie
I recently got battlefield 4 on my Xbox 360 for Christmas, but whenever I go to play the game it gets stuck on the loading screen. I have downloaded the 2GB package, and have been able to adjust my screen size, but after that It doesn't load the actual game, leaving me stuck looking at the outline of buildings and rainfall. I had the same problem with the battlefield 4 beta a couple of months ago. Can someone please help me?
Message 1 of 41 (44,662 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Guys,
I've encountered the same problem with BF4 for XBox 360 hanging on the city skyline/rain screen only for my stepson's gamertag (who is under 18). Using my gamertag, my wife's gamertag, and not signing to XBox Live at all got the game to work -- pretty pointless when it's your stepson that's going to play the game the most! Confusedmileyvery-happy: All the uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing the XBox hard drive cache, deleting and reinstalling updates didn't fix the issue as suggested in a number of other posts.

Anyway, the apparent problem is that BF4 won't create Origin accounts using XBL gamertags for minors (or maybe it’s due to some parental control setting when I registered my stepson. I don’t know!). You'll have to create an Origin account manually and associate the Origin account with the affected gamertag on your PC. Here's what I did:

1. Go to http://www.origin.com and click "Register" at the top.
2. In the Sign Up - Create a New Origin Account pop up, enter a new email address. I used one my stepson receives email from.
3. Create an Origin ID. I don’t think it has to match the affected gamer tag, but I entered my stepson’s here. Complete the registration process, and log back in to origin.com if you haven’t yet.
4. Download and install the Origin Client for your platform. That button’s in the top right corner of the main origin.com page.
5. Using the Origin Client, I followed this solution to link a XBL gamer tag with the new Origin account.  When you click the Connect button for XBL, enter the Microsoft account information for the gamer tag that won’t work with BF4 (yet)!
6. If everything worked, you should get past that dang raining city skyline screen!

It’s a shame that DICE couldn’t produce an error message to indicate the problems that were going on. Hopefully this helps a number of people because it’s widely happening and there’s not any other answers that seem to work!

View in thread

Message 5 of 41 (45,221 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
I have exactly the same problem. My son has an Xbox at both my house and my ex-wife's. we both got him battlefield 4 for Xmas, so that's 2 different Xboxes and 2 different copies of the game. Both get stuck at the city scape as described above aft downloading the 6Mb patch. While deleting stuff off the storage I have managed to get it working on one account, however signing in as another account give the same problem. Absolute garbage!!
Message 2 of 41 (44,369 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks a lot, I'll try this later. Have a happy holiday.
Message 3 of 41 (44,350 Views)

★ Novice

exact same problem and i deleted two games and did still not work.

Message 4 of 41 (44,281 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Guys,
I've encountered the same problem with BF4 for XBox 360 hanging on the city skyline/rain screen only for my stepson's gamertag (who is under 18). Using my gamertag, my wife's gamertag, and not signing to XBox Live at all got the game to work -- pretty pointless when it's your stepson that's going to play the game the most! Confusedmileyvery-happy: All the uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing the XBox hard drive cache, deleting and reinstalling updates didn't fix the issue as suggested in a number of other posts.

Anyway, the apparent problem is that BF4 won't create Origin accounts using XBL gamertags for minors (or maybe it’s due to some parental control setting when I registered my stepson. I don’t know!). You'll have to create an Origin account manually and associate the Origin account with the affected gamertag on your PC. Here's what I did:

1. Go to http://www.origin.com and click "Register" at the top.
2. In the Sign Up - Create a New Origin Account pop up, enter a new email address. I used one my stepson receives email from.
3. Create an Origin ID. I don’t think it has to match the affected gamer tag, but I entered my stepson’s here. Complete the registration process, and log back in to origin.com if you haven’t yet.
4. Download and install the Origin Client for your platform. That button’s in the top right corner of the main origin.com page.
5. Using the Origin Client, I followed this solution to link a XBL gamer tag with the new Origin account.  When you click the Connect button for XBL, enter the Microsoft account information for the gamer tag that won’t work with BF4 (yet)!
6. If everything worked, you should get past that dang raining city skyline screen!

It’s a shame that DICE couldn’t produce an error message to indicate the problems that were going on. Hopefully this helps a number of people because it’s widely happening and there’s not any other answers that seem to work!

Message 5 of 41 (45,222 Views)

★ Novice

thanks, this will help me alot :D 

Message 6 of 41 (44,263 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Cheers llmax00, this worked for me. I hope you have a nice holiday
Message 7 of 41 (44,212 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Worked for me! Thanks a lot!
Message 8 of 41 (44,179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Daft question, but step 4 (4. Download and install the Origin Client for your platform. That button’s in the top right corner of the main origin.com) does thismean you have to install origin client on the xbox ?

Message 9 of 41 (44,004 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, you have to install it on your PC.  Though I don't know if there's a way to do that step through the origin.com website.

Message 10 of 41 (43,881 Views)