Battlefield 4 is fully installed, but the battlelog plugin says it needs updating still

by JoshTehPirate

Original Post

Battlefield 4 is fully installed, but the battlelog plugin says it needs updating still

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I installed battlefield 4 from the 3 disks and then downloaded the patch and finished the install. When I click play, it takes me to the BF4 battlelog but when I try to join a game, the pop up comes up saying I need to downlaod a patch for BF4. If I click this, nothing happens apart from origin starts updating BF3? Why? sometimes it just sits there in the corner saying waiting to install game...

Message 1 of 9 (18,257 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 is fully installed, but the battlelog plugin says it needs updating still

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

try this steps first

1.delete your browse history

2.change your browse try a different one 

3.log out and log in to origin and battlelog 

4.re-install origin

5. click repair install in bf4 game client in origin 

6.update your battlelog pluggin 

7.update your driver 

if non helps pleas contact Origin/EA support they will gladly help you whit this problem https://help.ea.com/en/origin go here press contact as give information press i still need help at the bottom of the page and then press start live chat and you will get a live chat whit an EA agent that will be glad to help you

if any of this helps pleas give XP to my account thanks 

mark it as a solution if it solves your problem so others can see it and fix there problem to 

Message 2 of 9 (18,206 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 is fully installed, but the battlelog plugin says it needs updating still

★ Novice

i think the repair part is working thanks for the information Standard smile

Message 3 of 9 (16,999 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem here, after the repair it's working again.

Message 4 of 9 (16,888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

thats all well and good but im not downloading 29GB to repair YOUR(EA) corupt patch files

FFS !

oh and this ''5. click repair install in bf4 game client in origin"' this dosnt excisit 

Message 5 of 9 (15,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi, it doesn't download 29GB.

It just 'verifies' that all the files are not corrupted (usually when download interrupted) and up to date thats all. 

If you are on Pc then the repair install is there. You go to ORIGIN > MY GAMES > right click on the BF4 icona and choose 'repair install'.

Message 6 of 9 (15,308 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Repar game is located here by right clicking on the game like in the screenshot below @thenewardvark888 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Did a post solve your question? Click Accept as Solution & Award with XP!
PM me with game related issues only. Account issues? http://help.ea.com/

Message 7 of 9 (15,305 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@thenewardvark888

You are not downloading 29GB, you are just checking all the files...
Message 8 of 9 (15,303 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 is fully installed, but the battlelog plugin says it needs upd

★★★ Newbie

In options change way the "GAME LAUNCH"es to web plugin!

Message 9 of 9 (3,397 Views)