Battlefield 4 has stopped working.

by leofepa633

Original Post

Battlefield 4 has stopped working.

★★★ Newbie

enter the battlelog but when you enter the game iT  appers that "stopped working Battlefield 4" have windoes 8 with optimal settings tried all means that I found on the net but could not solve and saw that it says that the "x86 is incompatible" how do I fix that??? 

Message 1 of 4 (166 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 has stopped working.

Hero (Retired)

@leofepa633 I have moved your post to the BF4 board. Please carry on

@2042isNotBF @THISaint @Carbonic 

Message 2 of 4 (159 Views)

Hero

Carbonic’s
How To Make A Well Made Technical Question

• Always put a tag identifying your platform in the subject text if possible - that would look like [PC], [XB360], [PS4] etc.
    • For PC's describe your hardware: CPU,GPU, PSU, motherboard, soundcard, memory and harddrives etc.
    • Write descriptive (also the subject line) so the right people find your question and knows what it contains.
    • Give a precise description of each and every step you did until the error occoured
    • Give link to / copy paste relevant log files (the Windows Event Viewer logs most crashes)
    • Give link to screenshots of the problem happening
    • Tell if it has worked before, when it started not working and what did you do just before that!
    • Give a link to a movie of the problem happening if possible (especially with graphical problems)
    • Write the EXACT error messages (screenshot if possible)
    • Tell the obvious, even if it’s stupid and obvious (there’s a lot of clueless people on the internet, we don’t know if you are one of them
    • Tell ALL you have tried to fix the problem in DETAIL and how you did it in DETAIL and what the results were, in DETAIL!

Please take your time writing a detailed post about your problem, people use their sparetime helping you, try not to waste their time Standard smile

carbonic signature

Message 3 of 4 (156 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi leofepa633,  With your windows 64bit it is best to use the game in 64bit. If this next group of settings does not fix it for you then you need to give us as much information as you can as stated by Carbonic :womanhappy:

This second I am going into this blind trying to help you :womanwink: some things like does your PC ever give a BSOD or reboot all on its on and PC specs? As well as to fully help you fix this we would need to see the Error log from your PC Event Viewer when you get the crash in BF4. As this will give us the information we need to know what is making this error in BF4 for you.

For now try this .....

If you have turned OFF page file on your PC then turn it back ON as page file OFF can and will make this error even with 32 gigs of ram in a PC, as I found out the hard way :womanlol:

Uninstall the HD Audio Driver from the video card driver install add/remove programs. This silly thing makes issues in BF4 for some and Yes it can give BF4 stopped working for some. Reboot then repair BF4 to be safe.

For settings try this they may or may not help but if nothing else they do make BF4 run smoother...

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x64)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

Make Sure BF4 is set to 64bit if your windows is 64bit
1- open origin and go to My Games
2-Right click BF4 and go to Game Properties
3-Under when launching this game set it to x64 and check off disable origin in game.
4- Hit apply REBOOT your PC and then test your BF4

Reboot PC test BF4

Another thing that may be worth trying: run a Clean Boot: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/
This should ensure that no programs are interfering in the background.

Programs known to make issues in BF4....

Disable Mantle if you have it and try Direct X, Turn OFF Anti-Aliasing Deferred in video card settings in game. If you have page file turned off then turn it back on as this can make errors even with 32gigs ram.

Others have said if they uninstall MSI Afterburner issues / crashing is stopped. So if you have this installed remove program and test BF4. Also look at other programs as Asus Game First Service, Razer synapse, Razer Cortex, Qualcomm Killer Service , Fraps, EVGA Precision, Geforce experience, be sure to turn off the streaming function that is enabled by default ,Raptr, RivaTuner , ASRock eXtreme Tuner, Steam, Skype, aero ,Overwolf extra program in teamspeak and xfire are known to make issues as well. And I am sure more programs not in my list yet turn one off at a time and test BF4.

If all this fails to fix it then try this...

C:\Users\your PC Name\Documents\Battlefield 4

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop for now.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game. If it fails reboot your PC and run repair game again and test BF4.

Message 4 of 4 (145 Views)