Battlefield 4 has stopped working?

by CatAstrophed

Original Post

Battlefield 4 has stopped working?

★★★★ Novice

Hello. Everytime I try to launch Battlefield 4's campaign, on either difficulty, it brings up an error saying Battlefield 4 has stopped working. As I know, there have been a lot of questions related to this question and I want to know if there is a fix.

Now, the real problem is, I've tried most fixes that people said were working, but didn't work for me. And the setting that worked for everybody was the regedit one! The deal is that I can't find Battlefield 4 in any EA Games folder. Any, because there are more of them sitting in my registry. 

Now all I want to know if there is another way to get the game working or some directions for another regedit key where I can change the display name? 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 28 (7,402 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 has stopped working?

★★★★ Novice

bump

Message 2 of 28 (7,326 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi, if might help if you would post your PC specifications and version of Windows installed.

Did you do anything different (install udates/patches/move the game to a different harddrive/anything else) lately before this error started appearing?

-You should update your graphics drivers if you haven't already.

-Do a reapir install of the game (In origin right click your game and from drop down choose repair install.)

Message 3 of 28 (7,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Poohstick, for a graphics card I've got Intel HD Graphics 3000 1696 MB. Running windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, 4 GB RAM, Intel core i3 - 2,3 ghz (4 CPUs)

DirectX version is 11.  

Things I've tried:

-repairing in origin

-lowering graphics settings

-running as administrator

-compatibility mode

-turning sound from default to Headphones

-changing resolution from lowest possible to native

None worked. I just updated my graphics drivers right now, still doesn't launch. The menu is fine everything is okay I can go into credits and everything but can't start the campaign.

*edit* oh, and yeah I've installed a patch that helps me NOT get the directx error at launching. without it I couldn't do anything

Message 4 of 28 (7,303 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey again, give this a try:

-go to C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings and delete (or just move somewhere else for safe-keepng such as extrenal storage or some other folder) the file "PROFSAVE_profile"

-Try to launch the game.

Message 5 of 28 (7,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

No pooh, sadly that did not work, it only minimized my  game into window mode while loading. Anything else?

I need strong help right now from everybody Tongue out

Message 6 of 28 (7,278 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi, just got your Pm and was reading it a second ago.

How far into the game can you get? Does it crash at loading screen for the level?

If you can already get in-game to settings menu then instead go to graphics settings and hit RESET. Then go to any of the Anti-aliasing settings and disable them - in fact turn all your graphics settings down. You can always go back and turn them back on if you firstly get the game playing ok for you.

Message 7 of 28 (7,266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Glad you didn't ignore me. It crashes at the loading screen for the level yes. I didn't get to play yet. I choose my difficulty then I try to load it and it stops.

Lol, yeah, for some reason this actually made it crash faster. but I still can enter. Any other things you are thinking of mate?

or anyone else who wants to help me is welcome.

Message 8 of 28 (7,264 Views)

★★★★ Novice

bump.. 2nd today

Message 9 of 28 (7,234 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Catastrophed, I've posted the following on hundreds of posts so here I go again Standard smile

-Disable Origin in game.
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

-Reinstall DirectX.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
2:Find file named DXSETUP.exe, right lcik and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR . Install it. It should update your DirectX install.
3: You might need to reboot computer first.
4: try to launch game.

-Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
2: Double click vcredist_x64.exe/ vcredist_x86.exe and follow onscreen prompts.

-Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Back in Bf4Beta I couldn't play the game at all until I did the following so it's worth a shot:

-In some cases your Microsoft C++ redistributables (or lack of certain ones) might be causing the problem.
1. Download this file - download link http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/VC-Redist-Installer-Download-216678.html [softpedia.com]
2. Run the file.
3. In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game.
4. Restart PC
5. Try to play the game now.
The above file installs all the C++ redistributables in one package. Windows update can sometimes miss some of them which prevents the game from starting and causes it to crash while loading.

Message 10 of 28 (7,229 Views)