Re: Battlefield 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

by SnabchelFrank

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

★★★ Newbie

What driver are you talking about? a beta driver?

i, so probably most have 331.65 already

Message 31 of 48 (7,073 Views)

Message 32 of 48 (6,990 Views)

★★ Novice

Still getting this problem.

Updated video drivers

reinstalled the game

reran DirectX

turned off Origin in game

Message 33 of 48 (6,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

still having the same problem, just installed it a few hours ago, I have tried every method mentioned here and it still wouldn't launch, it would stopped working immediately, will someone from EA respond? I didn't pay a lot just to see my game crash everytime I try to launch it

Message 34 of 48 (6,549 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Exactly the same with me at the same mission does yours crash during the cinematic for that mission?
Message 35 of 48 (6,386 Views)

★★ Novice

same here bf4 has stopped working

Message 36 of 48 (6,334 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been getting "Battlefield stopped working" due to nvwgf2umx.dll, (7 times today).  Someone suggested if using multiple monitors to activate a single monitor and try that, I've been using 2 monitors cloned.  I changed to one active monitor and 4 games in a row have worked, only time will tell if its an actual fix for me.  Only a suggestion if someone is using this multi monitor type of setup.

Message 37 of 48 (6,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@bdwager wrote:

Guys, I figured out what was wrong, something with the current driver makes it crash.. at least for NVIDIA graphics cards. You need to download a new driver specificlly for BF4 at this link http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience download the "geforce experiance" and then have it search for driver updates after its done being downloaded, and it SHOULD work... it worked for me, however if I put the graphics on high settings it still crashes sometimes... on medium ive been playing for about an hour and it hasnt crashed so im assuming its fixed.

Hope that helps :D

-Wolf

Thank you so much mines finally working I can play it now I couldnt even launch the game at all at first this has solved my problem so I thank you again Standard smile

Message 38 of 48 (6,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just hope someone is working on it. If it were just acknowledged that plenty of people still have issues

Message 39 of 48 (5,797 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive been patiently waiting for the fix for this....its unplayable at the moment and im missing vital gametime. I think its time it was fixed. At launch i had no real issues its gradually gotten worse and to the point of not playing at all.    Get it sorted EA.

Message 40 of 48 (5,799 Views)