Battlefield 4 getting stuck in background processes - Win 10 Anniversary update

by SplatManGuy

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 getting stuck in background processes - Win 10 Anniversary upd

★★★ Novice

So I decided to create a YouTube video explaining what went wrong and how to fix it.  You can find it in the following links.  Thanks. 

BF4 not working after installing Windows 10 Anniversary Edition - MrSplatGames or here BattleField 4 not working after installing Windows 10 Anniversary Edition - WinXFactor

Message 11 of 18 (2,096 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 getting stuck in background processes - Win 10 Anniversary upd

★★★★ Novice

It should be noted that changing to "Borderless" in the BF4 ingame options will let you play borderless until you exit the game.  At which point it will then refuse to load (again).

Message 12 of 18 (2,081 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes I tried that too. Then you need to fix it manually again. Hopefully Dice or Microsoft will fix this soon.
Message 13 of 18 (2,072 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

What i found in the comments of Youtube Fix-Video:

Fix: START -> Settings -> System -> Multitasking -> Under Virtual desktops is setting "On the taskbar, show windows that are open on". Change it from "Only the desktop I'm using" to "All desktops" and BF4 icon will be immediately shown.

Link to the Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUoumdbF1RU

Message 14 of 18 (1,887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It works for me as long as i delete the settings file each time i start bf4

Message 15 of 18 (1,862 Views)

★★ Novice

Try, to clear the update cache, the update cache is consists of the update installation files. The operating system uses them if user even forced to reapply the update. It saves downloading them again. However, it is a good idea but they take up a lot of space.

Follow the steps to do so:

• In the first step, it is required tom stop the Windows Update service. And then search for services and right-click on the top result and then open it as an administrator.
  • After this, scroll down the list of entries until you find Windows Update and then right-click on it and choose Stop.
  • You will now need to delete the files and then press Windows key + R in order to open the run box. Now type C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ and hit Enter.
  • After these, you can now delete everything within the Downloads folder.
  • Last but not the least, you will need to head back to services and then re-enable Windows Update.
Message 16 of 18 (1,617 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Fillie86 Dude it solved the issue, thanks man
Message 17 of 18 (1,156 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 18 of 18 (1,136 Views)