Battlefield 4 frozen loading screen [PC]

by CorruptingMage

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 frozen loading screen [PC]

★★ Novice

I have tried other people's fixes, to no avail.  Customer Service was not much help.  I have tried to join a server on two different networks and isps, but my game will not get past loading the level.  It lags really hard between transitions  and then cuts to a black screen, then crashes.  It gives me a message to port forward 3659 UDP but that didn't help.  Any fixes I haven't tried?

DxDiag

Message 1 of 4 (7,801 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 4 frozen loading screen [PC]

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Check your windows for errors and also run everything as admin .......

Edit... Also this has fixed it for a few others my bad forgot to add this in my documents you will find a BF4 folder holding the game config files and screen shots. Put it in recycle bin then repair game and try BF4 again. But to give you a heads up you will have to re set all your in game settings. 

Run everything as Admin:

Run the game as ADMINISTRATOR. Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and tick the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR. Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Disable Origin in game. In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Run Origin as Administrator Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and then check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

This next part works in all windows O/S vista win 7,8 and 8.1 windows system file checker  :]

...... sfc /scannow ..... ever hear of it  if not your going to love this .... it will inspect all the important windows files as well as the windows DLL files. If windows system file checker finds any issues with the windows files and windows DLL files it will replace them. This little tool as well as the event viewer saved me  and fully helped me fix my BF4 issues as well as saved my .... many a format since I found it. This is the best toy they ever put in windows :]

1 - Open administrator command prompt  and close web pages and programs like origin

2 - Type or copy and paste in   sfc /scannow   and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min  SSD vs HD

3 - This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors  ... it fixed some  errors  ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4 -After its done reboot and do it again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix ...  run sfc /scannow  again and when its done a second time  reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5- So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop now for now  lol, If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow  again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow 

6 - If you get a message indicating that it can not be repaired and you ran sfc /scannow  2X in a row on win vista or 7 mm you need a format :/ But after format and all updates are done run  sfc /scannow to make sure your windows is stable same deal 2x error free reboot between, then If your O/S is Win8 or Win 8,1 then you can run this next command / line in administrator command prompt. Sadly this does not work for win vista or 7 :/  It will restore the health of your PC and you dont lose anything 

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth   <------- ONLY works for windows 8 and 8.1

7 - When its done reboot

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (8,539 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Check your windows for errors and also run everything as admin .......

Edit... Also this has fixed it for a few others my bad forgot to add this in my documents you will find a BF4 folder holding the game config files and screen shots. Put it in recycle bin then repair game and try BF4 again. But to give you a heads up you will have to re set all your in game settings. 

Run everything as Admin:

Run the game as ADMINISTRATOR. Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and tick the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR. Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Disable Origin in game. In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Run Origin as Administrator Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and then check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

This next part works in all windows O/S vista win 7,8 and 8.1 windows system file checker  :]

...... sfc /scannow ..... ever hear of it  if not your going to love this .... it will inspect all the important windows files as well as the windows DLL files. If windows system file checker finds any issues with the windows files and windows DLL files it will replace them. This little tool as well as the event viewer saved me  and fully helped me fix my BF4 issues as well as saved my .... many a format since I found it. This is the best toy they ever put in windows :]

1 - Open administrator command prompt  and close web pages and programs like origin

2 - Type or copy and paste in   sfc /scannow   and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min  SSD vs HD

3 - This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors  ... it fixed some  errors  ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4 -After its done reboot and do it again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix ...  run sfc /scannow  again and when its done a second time  reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5- So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop now for now  lol, If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow  again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow 

6 - If you get a message indicating that it can not be repaired and you ran sfc /scannow  2X in a row on win vista or 7 mm you need a format :/ But after format and all updates are done run  sfc /scannow to make sure your windows is stable same deal 2x error free reboot between, then If your O/S is Win8 or Win 8,1 then you can run this next command / line in administrator command prompt. Sadly this does not work for win vista or 7 :/  It will restore the health of your PC and you dont lose anything 

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth   <------- ONLY works for windows 8 and 8.1

7 - When its done reboot

Message 2 of 4 (8,540 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much!  I ran everything as admin and deleted the BF4 folder in documents+repaired and BF4 works like a charm!  I didn't have to run sfc/scannow on it.  However, my friends laptop has been unable to connect to the internet for a long time now, and sfc/scannow fixed it!  Thanks for suggesting that.

Message 3 of 4 (7,764 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Any time happy it fixed it for both of you :womanhappy: sfc/scannow  is the best toy in windows and can save you a format as well as just to run it to make sure windows is still good to go.

Message 4 of 4 (7,760 Views)