Re: Battlefield 4 freezing as soon as I get in the '''deploy screen''...

by Cali-F8S

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 freezing as soon as I get in the '''deploy screen''...

★★ Novice

Hello people at the answer HQ,

I'm sorry to say that I have been having some serieus issues with bf4 lately.

In the last... week I guess my game has been crashing repeatetly and its getting really really frustrating.

Its happening every time I start up the game. This is how its happening. So I load up the game via origin, its just loading the level like it should, and then when its done loading it enters the deploy screen. At that point everything freezes completely (my whole computer too). Its not a connection issue for sure because I can see the chat and all the players but its just that nothing is moving. Not a blackscreen or anything like that. And it doesnt ''crash to windows'' so I have to restart my entire pc everytime this happens. I tried to search online for a solution. I've seen one or two cases simulair to mine but either their solutions dont change anything or its just a different thing. I dont think many people are having exactly the same issue, but for me this is really gamebreaking and annoying. I actually tried everything I updated punkbuster, reinstalled punkbuster. I did all the NET. things. I fixed my directX. I dont have a user file in my bf4 directory so I could not do the draw.ui thing. I updated my videocard driver. 

And weirdest off all. Before I tried all those things it worked once in a while but I had to repair the game between every map I played. For some reason that worked sometimes. But that stopped fixing it. So I decided to reistall the game, also did not work. So I'm kind of lost here. I really like bf4 and I really want to play it. I hope this is the same as the old bf3 beta issues and this will just be over in a while but im losing hope here.

My pc is amazing, no performance issues. Had no issues before, had nice fps on ultra settings. I think it started doing this after some sort of patch that dice rolled out. 

These are my specs:

GeForce GTX 780

AMD FX-8350 8 core processor

8gb RAM

1680 x 1050 60hz 2 ms

Nvidia driver version 335.23

Windows 8.1 pro 

Well this is it. 

I hope you guys can help me or atleast respond to this.

I've heard some negative thing from friends about this support thing. I hope I can prove them wrong Wink.

Greetings from Holland,

Peter

Message 1 of 21 (2,510 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I fixed it Standard smile I did a ''clean reinstall'''of the latest graphics driver and used internet explorer to launch the game. I also deleted the origin and origin games maps on my pc and reinstalled them again. And now Its working again. So play around with those things. One last thing to try: go to documents/battlefield4/ and then search around for PROFILE_SAVE or something like that and put .old at the back. This wil reset all your game settings but... if youre desperate. 
Good luck in your search for a fix man. 

And email dice or origin personnaly for a refund if it still doesnt work after a month :/ I know.. that would suck but if you cant play your game its pointless. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 21 (2,567 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

It's funny....I have the exact same PC specs as you and have the same issue. I really don't know what to do anymore. The game has become unplayable. 

Message 2 of 21 (2,466 Views)

★★ Novice

I fixed it Standard smile I did a ''clean reinstall'''of the latest graphics driver and used internet explorer to launch the game. I also deleted the origin and origin games maps on my pc and reinstalled them again. And now Its working again. So play around with those things. One last thing to try: go to documents/battlefield4/ and then search around for PROFILE_SAVE or something like that and put .old at the back. This wil reset all your game settings but... if youre desperate. 
Good luck in your search for a fix man. 

And email dice or origin personnaly for a refund if it still doesnt work after a month :/ I know.. that would suck but if you cant play your game its pointless. 

Message 3 of 21 (2,568 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I diod something a little easier. I uninstalled all AMD drivers including all Catalyst. It rolled back from 14.1 to 13.25 and it works fine. Toight, EA roll out a new patch presumably to fix these bugs. Once out, I will re-install my latest drivers and try again. Otherwise, it will be a roll back again.

Message 4 of 21 (2,239 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, 

Sorry to wake an old thread but I am getting this same issue.  It started about a week before the Dragon's Teeth DLC was released but so far I've not managed to find a resolution.

Symptoms:  I select any server vias Battlelog and join. The game starts to load without issue, I get the splash screen and music and at this point all seems well.  The screen goes black as the deploy screen prepares to load and then it all goes wriong.  I start to get sound loops, the deploy screen just beings to appear (fading from black) and then nothing.  After about 30 seconds, the my PC locks, then I get one of EAs helpful error messages in battlelog such as "Somethign went wrong" or "You were kicked from the game" (unfortunately I get both error messages, sometimes 1, sometimes the other).

Exactly like this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUBRRNG6KuI

Oddities:  I can play Test Range, I can play Campaign.  I can play CTE.  But not BF4 online.

Attempted fixes:

Uninstall AV and try with no firewall or AV.  Same results as above.    

Repair game: same results as above.  

Uninstall game, redownload and install: same results as above.  

Run the DXSETUP.EXE provided in the \_Installer folder: same results as above.  

Roll back graphic driver: same results as above.

Reinstalled PunkBuser: same results as above.

Log on to Test Range and turn graphics down to Medium: same results as above.

Delete and Reinstall webplug in: same results as above.

Rename PROFSAVE_profile and get the game to make a new one: same results as above.

I've logged several calls via the Origin Error Reporting tool, no response.   Getting very frustrated.

EA..... any chance of some assitance?

Cali

Intel i7 4930k |
Asus X79 Sabertooth |
16GB 4 Channel HyperX RAM |
2x MSI GTX 770 GPUs |
128GB Samsung EVO8 SSD (Primary) |
256GB Kingston SDD (Secondary) |
Windows 8.1 Pro |

Message 5 of 21 (2,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi Cali-F8S try this if not done already or double check its done :womanhappy:

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

If all this fails to fix it then try this...

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

Message 6 of 21 (2,151 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Zorlacc, 

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately, no change.

It's probably worth me mentioning that it was all working about a month ago but then it just started to fail. One day I was fine, the next I wasn't.  

At the end of the day, if I can't get this issue resolved, I'll be looking to get a refund/credit from EA as this isn't acceptable.

cheers  Cali

Message 7 of 21 (2,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi Cali-F8S sorry it did not work :/ The other things to look at is either programs on the PC on when in game or to check to make sure windows has no issues this I learned the hard way.

Others have said if they uninstall MSI Afterburner issues / crashing is stopped. So if you have this installed remove program and test BF4. Also look at other programs as Fraps, Geforce experience ,Raptr, ASRock eXtreme Tuner and xfire are known to make issues as well. And I am sure more programs not in my list yet turn one off at a time and test BF4. Since last patch more programs now give issues :/

If you want my steps on how to check or fix windows issues let me know and I will post them for you.

Message 8 of 21 (2,143 Views)

★★ Novice

MSI afterburner...that's worth a try.    I'll get back to you Standard smile

Message 9 of 21 (2,137 Views)

★★ Novice

That's the one!

Unintiall MSI Afterburrner and Kombuster, restart...SUCCESS.. I'm straight in, no issues.

Thanks dude.

Message 10 of 21 (2,130 Views)