Battlefield 4 digital deluxe edition or battlefield 4 premium edition?

by gladiatorhunt

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 digital deluxe edition or battlefield 4 premium edition?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

terrorgene wrote:

Does BF4 Digital Deluxe edition include BF4 Premium (all 5 expansions)?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer is No, Digital Deluxe only comes with 1 expansion China Rising

if you want the other 4 you will need to buy each one separate or the Premium bundle.

so options for the Main game

Standard or Deluxe

Deluxe is $10 more it offers a few extras for that $10

now you have bought one of the above games and the expasions start rolling out you get the first 1 free,

now 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & the 5th one comes out, you do not get free access no matter which of the 2 games you bought from above.

option 1

you buy the expansions likely $15-$20 each time they come out

option 2

buy Premium includes all expansions - for typically less than what the 4 will cost separatly.

on top of the saving you get special perks like more double xp events, extra dog tags, and so on.

So in conclusion if you want the compete game and know you are going to want all expansions

options are

Standard ($60)+ Premium ($50)= $110

Deluxe ($70) + Premium ($50) = $120

above price for PC dowload straight from Origin

going off the Origin Pc download version the Extra $10 gets you 3 Gold Battlepacks & Vehicle Shortcut Bundle for Battlefield 3™ over the Standard editon

Message 11 of 30 (63,099 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thats a great response & very clear for any googlers....

my confusion comes in because my brother in-law bought the digital deluxe edition as soon as it was available & now when i look at BF4 Premium it says that he has pre-ordered it even though i know he hasn't bought it.........

Any ideas?

Message 12 of 30 (63,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@terrorgene wrote:

Thats a great response & very clear for any googlers....

my confusion comes in because my brother in-law bought the digital deluxe edition as soon as it was available & now when i look at BF4 Premium it says that he has pre-ordered it even though i know he hasn't bought it.........

Any ideas?

Not sure,

Was it some special package they offered at one time that included both for a one low price?

I would ask him exactly what he bought and how much he paid.

All I know is right now the Digital Deluxe for PC per below site their is only 2 things extra for that $10

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/76889/pc-download/bundle/digital-deluxe-edition-ANW.html

scroll down to 2nd box of info it shows a 3 special items and a check box under each edition what is included

and both get first expansion but only deluxe gets the 3 gold packs and a BF3 vehicle unlock

Also so we can look further into it what excact version did he get Xbox, PC, PS3?

and were did he preorder from?

Message 13 of 30 (63,024 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

10$ is not a big deal !!

Message 14 of 30 (62,551 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nah... if with digital deluxe it shows that Premium has been preordered, its an error and would be eventually corrected. If you are not gonna play BF3 anymore(and have air vehicles unlock balance) and also ordering premium, then there is not much advantage in ordering DD Edition. All you would get is 3 battlepacks, thats it.

Regards

SST

Message 15 of 30 (62,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I went with the Deluxe + Premium

had most of the vehicle unlocks already, but hoping I get some early cool unlocks out of the 3 gold battlepacks

Message 16 of 30 (62,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

^^ Yes, Deluxe + Premium are the best options if you want the FULL experience with ALL of the perks.

I know there is no shortage of opinions on the internet... However, I think you (EA) should have just packaged the game into the premium option. Sure $120 sounds like a lot of money for one game and I am sure this is what you are trying to avoid,  but the way it is now can be misleading.

I bought the "premium (something)" assuming it came with everything. So here I am trying to pre-load the game but don't see it in my games list. I was a little worried.. After visiting the Origin Store I realized I bought the "premium membership". OK, no problem, I bought bf4 deluxe, but now I am unsure if my "premium membership" will be applied since I bought it before I bought the actual game? 

Also, for argument sake, what if I didn't want the premium membership and just the game? Man what a mess.

Message 17 of 30 (62,444 Views)

★ Apprentice

I bought the "premium (something)" assuming it came with everything. So here I am trying to pre-load the game but don't see it in my games list. I was a little worried.. After visiting the Origin Store I realized I bought the "premium membership". OK, no problem, I bought bf4 deluxe, but now I am unsure if my "premium membership" will be applied since I bought it before I bought the actual game? 

Also, for argument sake, what if I didn't want the premium membership and just the game? Man what a mess.

Well to the first part if Premium has been added to your collection correctly wait till the download and install are finished then right click the game icon in Origin and click Show Game Details, it should show Premium and China Rising not grayed out, they will appear grayed out until after the install at least for me they did.

2nd part you could contact customer support and ask for a refund 

Message 18 of 30 (62,424 Views)

★★ Novice

that is still bull **bleep** i purchased deluxe for $109.95 and now if i want premium i will have to pay a extra $73.95 to get it now that is bull**bleep** thats a total of $183.90 thats bull**bleep**

Message 19 of 30 (49,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I am confused... I bought the deluxe edition.... because I was of the opinion EA will honor first movers with the most specials.

When I understand the situation right it was wrong to buy it because I have more benefits when I buy  the Premium Edition only. Because than I have all expansions...

Therefore I did not understand, why the digital deluxe edition  exist...?!??

Seems like a trick to cheat money... from gamers... ?

Hmmm, I am realy disapointed from EA now... and next time I will not be one of the first buyers...

@EA: Thats the consequence... If you do not play fair ! Confusedmileytongue:

BNDDivision

Spoiler

Message 20 of 30 (47,237 Views)