Re: Battlefield 4 can't join any server

by POOHSTICK17

Original Post

Battlefield 4 can't join any server

★★★ Novice

When i connect to ANY server , it says Joining Server for like 1-2 minutes then i get an error teling me that i can't connect the server. It happens when i try to connect to any server. I just bought the game.

Message 1 of 11 (28,342 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

Are you on PC or console?

The common fixes for this are:

-Reinstall Punkbuster.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 and select pbsv.exe . Choose 'reinstall' (while connected to the internet).

or

- Make sure you download and install the latest Battlelog plugins.
First uninstall old Battlelog plugin by going to "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features" and removing "battlelog web plugin".
Then log in using Origin and go to battlelog page where you'll be prompted to download latest web plugin.
After you have installed it you should clear your cache, exit your browser. Then restart your browser, and then re-login to Origin to ensure proper install.
If this doesn't work then you should try a different browser (Chrome/Maxthon/Firefox, etc)

Message 2 of 11 (28,167 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm on PC , none of your ideas worked for me. Thanks anyway.

Message 3 of 11 (28,151 Views)

★★★ Novice

bump

Message 4 of 11 (27,973 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Can you play the campaign in offline mode?

Did you update your graphics card drivers? Install all Windows service packs?

Here's a few more things you should try:

-Do a repair install of the game in Origin.
In origin right click your game and from drop down choose repair install.

-Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

-Reinstall DirectX.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
2:Find file named DXSETUP.exe and double click it (while connected to the internet). Install it. It should update your DirectX install.
3: You might need to reboot computer first.
4: try to launch game.

-Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
2: Double click vcredist_x64.exe/ vcredist_x86.exe and follow onscreen prompts.

Message 5 of 11 (27,957 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I can play campaign and test range , I have all my card drivers updated. Not sure about service packs.

None of your solutions work. It tells me "Could not join server[1]" everytime i try to join one.

Message 6 of 11 (27,919 Views)

★★★ Newbie

go in to your origin libary right chick on battlefield 4 then game propites then tick the box for disable origin for this game. it worked for me how it works for you 

Message 7 of 11 (27,756 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey

also have the same issue, cant connect any server and get no error message. It began after I updated my graphic card driver. You mentioned thiscase , is there a known fix ?

Message 8 of 11 (25,363 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem and managed to fix it. It was a long time ago but ive tried to remeber what i did and ive put it into a youtube video. Please check it out and tell me if it works, thanksL http://youtu.be/8K0FyHBwiy4

Message 9 of 11 (19,551 Views)

★★★ Newbie

dawda

Message 10 of 11 (7,798 Views)