Battlefield 4 XBOX 360 lag unplayable after last update 03/15

by Leozicakk

Original Post

Battlefield 4 XBOX 360 lag unplayable after last update 03/15

★ Novice
Hello I wonder if it is already known that after the last update is impossible to play online on Xbox 360 lag is unbearable, usually always played with ping 60 and is now no longer possible, all servers are waging.

There will be some correction patch or I will not be able to play online again? since're already a week that way.
Message 1 of 4 (542 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 XBOX 360 lag unplayable after last update 03/15

There have been no official announcements about a fix for the latest patch that I've seen, however there are a couple of things that you can do to help to mitigate or prevent lagging or freezing on your Xbox. One thing is to ensure that you have a good amount of HDD space left since computers don't run efficiently when the HDD is almost full. BF3 plus Premium takes up around 20 GB so that is why I am bringing this issue up.

You can also plug your console directly into your router with a Cat5 cable instead of using wireless to play online games, you can install the game to your hard drive (this creates a faster read and reduces heat since the console isn't spinning the disc) instead of having the console continuously reading the disc, ensure that your Xbox is clean and located in a clean well ventilated area since an overheating console will have lagging and performance issues, and you can clear the cache on your Xbox. I've experienced lagging with Skyrim and Dragon Age II and the issues went away when I installed the games to the HDD and cleared my cache on a semi frequent basis on my Xbox.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 4 (523 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for the tips but my console is in great condition and the game is installed on the hard drive since I bought it, I have plenty of free space and has also cleared the system cache and the console is connected via RJ45.

Always played awkwardly issues that are, I arrived already playing without lag on a 512kbs connection, now or with 3mb longer works, I think it was because the new options included in this last update that left the heaviest game and consequently're generating a lag that will not let me play, the game crashes every minute and it worked normal, this is unfair the game has always had some kind of problem and now with this last update I can not play online all servers have lag. And by the way things are going there will be a correction patch for this.

Message 3 of 4 (513 Views)

One additional question have you opened the ports in your router for Xbox Live? I noticed on my Xbox One that performance greatly increased when I did this. If you have not follow the instructions here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 4 (496 Views)