Re: Battlefield 4 Won't Launch

by crazyassstabber

Original Post

Battlefield 4 Won't Launch

★★ Novice

Whenever I try to get on battlefield 4 it won't launch. First I use the shortcut I've placed, then it takes me to battlelog, i go to classic conquest and hit play. Then i look down at my task bar ,the battlefield 4 icon shows up and then leaves happening in between 1 second. I wait for battlelog to say that i'm playing battlefield 4 and it will do that without the game running. I wait for 10 minutes and it disconnects me for being idle. Then I try another server by clicking the servers butting in blue and the same thing happens to it. I've tried launching it in the origin application but still the same thing. I don't know what to do.

Also I'm not uninstalling it because it says it will erase all addons, bonuses, and all files in the directory. Does this mean it will remove my level, progress and dlcs?

Message 1 of 5 (645 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello.

Try to delete folder settings of bf4 C:\Users\[User_name]\Documents\Battlefield 4\ and don't change ingame video options such as 'API graphics" - use DX11, and "Display mode" - use Full screen

Message 2 of 5 (590 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @CrazyAssStabber 

Uninstalling the won`t delete your progress, since everything is stored online. So try to repair the game in Origin library first, and update your drivers. Uninstalling and reinstalling Origin client can help as well.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 3 of 5 (586 Views)

@crazyassstabber wrote:

Whenever I try to get on battlefield 4 it won't launch. First I use the shortcut I've placed, then it takes me to battlelog, i go to classic conquest and hit play. Then i look down at my task bar ,the battlefield 4 icon shows up and then leaves happening in between 1 second. I wait for battlelog to say that i'm playing battlefield 4 and it will do that without the game running. I wait for 10 minutes and it disconnects me for being idle. Then I try another server by clicking the servers butting in blue and the same thing happens to it. I've tried launching it in the origin application but still the same thing. I don't know what to do.

Also I'm not uninstalling it because it says it will erase all addons, bonuses, and all files in the directory. Does this mean it will remove my level, progress and dlcs?

Which operating system do you have and which browser are you using to launch Battlefield 4?  Are you using the plugin launcher on battlelog to launch BF4 or the plugin free launching method?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 5 (568 Views)

★★ Novice

ragnarok013 wrote:

Which operating system do you have and which browser are you using to launch Battlefield 4?  Are you using the plugin launcher on battlelog to launch BF4 or the plugin free launching method?

1. I don't know what you mean my the plugin launcher on battlelog

2. I'm on windows 10 , DirectX 12 and i haven't had this problem ever until I i tried to play after a hiatus of a couple of months

3. I'v tried to repair it and it didn't work so i reinstalled it and still didn't work I use google chrome and even tried using firefox to launch it and it didn't work

Thank you for trying to help and I'm kinda out of ideas because I've run it in administrator and made it run like windows 7.

Message 5 of 5 (540 Views)