Battlefield 4: Single Player Campaign Progress Not Saving

by FatedScythe777

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4: Single Player Campaign Progress Not Saving

★★★ Newbie

This problem is so frustrating!

If it helps, please note that I play on the Xbox One. I remember one day that I was looking through the high-level LMG's for multiplayer, since my primary weapon of choice at the time was the LSAT. I got to the infamous M249 SAW, looked at the challenge I had to complete to do it, only to see that I had to seemingly beat the single player campaign and "make the final choice." I decided that I was going to stop with multiplayer for a day or two to beat the story. I got to the mission where you break out of prison with a russian. After the opening cutscene started, I decided that I was tired enough to lay down and go to bed. I woke up the next morning, pressed the Single Player button on the main menu, but instead of being greeted with the "continue from last checkpoint" option, it told me to select a difficulty level for my new game. Since then, I have played through the game, getting progressively farther and farther, but every single time I stop to play something or do something else, I cannot continue. I have to start again from the veeeeeeerrrrrryyyyyy beginning. It is to the point that I actually broke my XBOX One Stereo Headphones in a fit of rage (nothing a few zip ties and some good old fashioned inginuity couldn't fix). DICE, you really need to fix this, regardless of how far Hardline is into development.

Message 261 of 298 (10,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I always thought it was fixed by now... until it happened to me too on the digital version on PS4 today. Luckily enough I was able to finish most of the SP with an EU disc version weeks ago. But that this issue still exist is pathetic.
Message 262 of 298 (10,230 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Worst company ever!
Message 263 of 298 (10,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, this problem has been reported almost 2 years ago. There is still no word on a fix? 

Is there any real chance of ever getting such a fix? Can I return my game because it is faulty? 

How abou this message

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Battlefield-4-Single-Player-Campaign-Progress-Lost/m-p/239432...

So, EA or Dice is aware of the problem huh... but this campaign progress wipeout has just happened to me, so it is still a problem today on my 360. 

Still hoping for a fix, I could always finish the campaign later... 

Message 264 of 298 (10,030 Views)

Champion (Retired)

A fix is on its way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank-you
Killerwhal812
Marshall

If I or Anyone helped in any way please in return make the time to award then with XP please.
If I solved the problem please press 'Accept as Soloution' next to my post so others know of the soloution.

I DO NOT WORK FOR EA
MY VIEWS ARE MY SOLE OPINION AND NOT EAs

Message 265 of 298 (10,025 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Killerwhal812,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question, but your reply is of no use to me whatsoever. However, I am sorry about the 'almost two years', I misread 11-03-2013 as March 3 2013. I mixed up the US notation with the [rest-of-the-world] notation.

I am asking this question because a fix was announced MORE THAN A YEAR ago as well. But I've run into this problem this week, so any fix that may have been released since, has not fixed the issue.

You are not an EA rep (you stated so much in your signature) and yet you find it necessary to reply and tell me nothing new, although I asked for an update on the fix. So maybe you could give the planned release date of that fix, that would really answer my question.

Thanks in advance!

Message 266 of 298 (10,015 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Dice are the people who will create the fix, Dice do not read here they read on the BL forums so try to post there as Dice will hear you more.

Good luck.

Also I completely understand how annoying Companies can be.

As for the planned release date I could give you it but that would involve me breaking into EA HQ something that may get my account banned so sadly not going to do that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank-you
KillerWhalSam
Marshall

If I or Anyone helped in any way please in return make the time to award then with XP please.
If I solved the problem please press 'Accept as Soloution' next to my post so others know of the soloution.

I DO NOT WORK FOR EA
MY VIEWS ARE MY SOLE OPINION SO THEREFORE DO NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OF DICE, EA OR ANY SUB EA COMPANY.

Message 267 of 298 (10,011 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought this game on launch back in 2013 when the PS4 came out and there still is a game save file not working. After I tried playing a half dozen times, it wouldn't save at all. I pretty much gave up on the game then. Just this past weekend I popped it in again and the same damn thing since launch. Now it's 3/15/2015 and still not fixed. I can't believe this *. WTF! Guess I won't be buying Battlefield Hardline tomorrow.

Message 268 of 298 (9,824 Views)

★ Novice

Still not fixed? wtf....

it's been ages, i can't believe how poor EA/Dice are.

Message 269 of 298 (9,398 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello everyone.

If you could please tell me what platform you're having this issue on, it would be a great help. All I can think is that your game save data may be corrupted and needs to be deleted. The only fix I know of currently is for Xbox 360.

Xbox 360
Here's how you get to your game save, and delete it:

System Settings > Storage > Hard Drive > Games and Apps > Battlefield 4 > PROFILE SAVE DATA > Delete

You won't lose Premium or anything else besides your campaign progress. A new un-corrupted game save will be created automatically the next time you play Battlefield 4.

Message 270 of 298 (9,391 Views)