Battlefield 4: Single Player Campaign Progress Not Saving

by FatedScythe777

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4: Single Player Campaign Progress Not Saving

★★★ Newbie

Monday December 8th, I just recently picked up this tittle to play the single player game. I played through for a little bit and stopped. When I came back no save progress from where I left off. Why is there no SAVE option anywhere in the game? Why after a year of being out am I still dealing with the simple idea of saving my progress? I have the XBOX ONE version and I looked into the video for the "fix" but there is no "tick for starting games quickly on the Power and Start up menu" Releasing a game with bugs is one thing, but having the bugs there after a year of the game being out is something completly different. At the very least tell us what is going on and why is it taking so long to fix.

Message 251 of 298 (11,052 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That tick you are talking about is not there...

Message 252 of 298 (11,051 Views)

★ Novice

December 26th, 2014. 

Problem is still persistant in the PS4 version. Since PSN is down no thanks to "lizard squad" I thought I'd get working on the BF4 campaign offline...now it seems the campaign isn't even safe from online problems. All my progress is lost and I have to restart from the beggining.

Hoping once PSN is back up I'll have my progress again, but I heard even playing multiplayer results in a reset campaign. If this is still the case I can't imagine keeping this game for much longer.  

Message 253 of 298 (10,906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello there!

I don't know if this will help anyone but it fixed my issue!

On PC, go into My Documents

Right click the battlefield 4 folder and click properties. Uncheck the "hidden" attribute. Personally I deleted the folders inside, went in game, changed a few settings and saved. 

Now my multiplayer settings save and also my campaign progress saves.

Hope this helps someone!

Message 254 of 298 (10,799 Views)

★★ Novice
They will not fix the game save , I have Ps4 and the same thing happens, the best that can happen nobody buys Hardline BF as a stance against them releasing broken games and after a year a **bleep** year they can not sort the game save in campaign. Get you're money back if possible
Message 255 of 298 (10,787 Views)

★★★★ Novice
What a disgrace !
Message 256 of 298 (10,783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As I said, PC. PS4 WILL have a file directory to save in. Let's face it..it is an OS. It fixed my issue. I can resume my campaign, and it was the only attempt at a fix I have made. I realized that the files were not being written, and when I checked the files in My Documents they were dated from January. As soon as I marked them as normal files the folder was found and written to upon game exit.

So it fixed my issue.

Unfortunately consoles are limited in file management. 

As I tell others, "There is a reason I don't buy consoles."

And I can understand the argument of "Don't release a broken game", but when is the last time you have downloaded a game that hasn't needed a release day patch?

It is a different argument..Money, time efficiency and client demand.

Message 257 of 298 (10,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Hello

Does EA contribute on these forums? I started playing this game a few days ago on Xbox One and I have the same save problem as mentioned here. Shame because I was enjoying the game.

Save feature is a pretty fundamental feature and after a year of release one would rightly expect this to be fixed by now, if not days after lunch.

EA - will there be a patch or do I remove the game as it is not usable in its current state?

At least it only cost me a month's fee of EA access!
Message 258 of 298 (10,729 Views)

★★ Novice
It disgusts me that that its still not fixed and will never be fixed as they didn't the biggest patch a few months ago and wasn't done then. I'm told you would be better off trying to complete it in a day , campaign is about 8hrs long
Message 259 of 298 (10,722 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi msrangers. I share your frustration and thanks for the reply.

I would love to spend 8hrs solid on the game, or any game for that matter, but family life doesn't allow it unfortunately. I wouldn't mind replaying the levels but as game time is tight if a game frustrates too much or is broken I move onto the next. The shame is that EA probably don't care too much about the problem as they have our money already...

The save problem is a shocker though. I accept bugs pop up and game makers typically fix them quite quickly, but a year after release and for a such a main component... It really is unforgivable, especially with no acceptance from them that the problem still exists. They are a very big company and it can be hard to manage everyone's expectations but it does amaze me why they wonder why the gaming community berates them so much - it's stuff like this!

Well let's hope all the problems with this game has sparked some extra brain cells and future releases will only have small bugs, if any, so we can enjoy the games and promote them.
Message 260 of 298 (10,719 Views)