Battlefield 4 Rubberbanding Lag

by Milord190996

Original Post

Battlefield 4 Rubberbanding Lag

★★ Novice

I have had the same exact problem in the BF4 beta and I didn't think I would get the same problem in the full game.  This lag seems to only affect me and it doesn't matter what game I'm in at all.  This lag seems to pull my character back a couple feet every 3-7 seconds, sometimes when I reload it will show the animation of reloading but it never actually reloaded, same with switching between weapons or equipment.  It will sometimes just show the animation and not actually do as I intended.  This is very frustrating and I don't know how to fix it.  All other games and fps games seem to play perfectly fine, completely lagless.  I have a new 2013 Alienware 17 with a GTX780m and fairly good hardware but I don't know what to do.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!! ;3 <3333

Message 2 of 484 (25,733 Views)

Extremely Laggy - Rubber Banding in 64 man servers

★★★ Newbie

I have an awesome new system with GTX 770 superclocked and the BETA played fine for me.  I'm experiencing extreme rubber banding and lag in these servers even though I'm showing a 40~ ping.  I have downloaded and did a clean install of the latest NVIDIA driver today.  I'm not sure if it's me or the servers perhaps?  Please help!

Message 1 of 484 (24,793 Views)

[Issue report] Rubber banding / lag - BF4 PC

★★ Novice

Hello. 

Haven't seen any forum posts about this, which is weird. But it seems at the moment every server is experiencing rubber banding and lag. This issue occurs with most players (probably all) and on all the servers I have tried so far. 

The players do not have a latency issue as the ping is on 10-30. But the rubber banding feels like having 1000 ping. 

This issue is not client side as it affects every person on the server, as well as on all the servers I have tried.

Worked fine earlier today and yesterday, and no other issues so far. 

Thanks for reading.

Message 3 of 484 (24,778 Views)

Re: Extremely Laggy - Rubber Banding in 64 man servers

★ Novice

I have the same problem. The game ain't playable.

Message 4 of 484 (24,743 Views)

Re: Extremely Laggy - Rubber Banding in 64 man servers

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem - rubberbanding / freezing in 64 man servers.

I've tried different servers and they all rubberband.

Had no issues with playing beta.

Tried updating my drivers, repair install, restart router, blah blah blah, and nothing works.

Will I be able to, I dunno, play multiplayer at any point in the near future, or should I request my refund now?

Message 5 of 484 (24,730 Views)

Rubber banding

★★ Novice

First 5 matches all went well. Played on servers in GER, UK. Starting around 1:20 GMT +1 I started to suffer from rubber banding. 

MSI N770GTX 4GB

i7 4770K (clocked at 4.3)

16 GB RAM 1600 Mhz

Windows 7 64 bit

SSD Samsung EVO 250

MSI Z87-G45 Gaming (Bios v 1.5)

Message 6 of 484 (24,725 Views)

Lag and rubber banding BF4 HELp!!

★★ Novice

140-100 Frame rate through out entire maps.(using perfoverlay.drawfps 1) 12-40ms ping to most servers. Even checked on empty servers.

Issue is related to rubber banding. Every couple of seconds it randomly stutters and pulls me back into place. I did not have this issue during beta. The game is basically unplayable. driving any vehicle is impossible. 

Computer is more than capable or running the game. win 7 64, 16gb of ram, i7 2700 @ 4.2ghz, Nvidia gtx 670, 800 watt ps, 200gb ssd, all settings are on low and this still happens.

Drivers are up to date, punkbuster has been manually updated. Spent the entire day reading forums and trying fixes and nothing worked.

Seems like many people are having this issue. Can anyone help or is this in fact a global issue related to servers?

Any help would be kindly appreciated. thanks!

Message 7 of 484 (24,845 Views)

Re: Lag and rubber banding BF4 HELp!!

★★★ Novice

Same problem here bro. just gotta wait for dice to fix it, i hope they do :S

Message 8 of 484 (24,836 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Rubberbanding Lag

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
If you have a processor that uses hyperthreading try turning it off in the bios
Message 9 of 484 (25,188 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Rubberbanding Lag

Community Manager

If you are experiencing this on all servers then try the tip posted by andyluckyshot as some players have noticed this issue related to hyperthreading. Personally, I've noticed this on one or two servers so far (out of maybe 20-30), so I don't know if the server couldn't handle the player count or if there was anything else going on at the moment, but usually a server switch solved the rubberbanding for me. 

Message 10 of 484 (25,164 Views)