Battlefield 4 Rubberbanding Lag pc

by CooLGuYGamingYT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 Rubberbanding Lag pc

★★★ Novice

Guys I am Having rubber banding lag.....................I have played about 6 months never experienced this kind of problem..........how to control packet loss??

Help Anyone.....................

Message 1 of 10 (20,008 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 4 Rubberbanding Lag pc

★★★ Novice

SOLVED : Disable Origin In Game and play ................. No Rubber Banding Lag now

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (22,238 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

SOLVED : Disable Origin In Game and play ................. No Rubber Banding Lag now

Message 2 of 10 (22,239 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately this only mitigates the issue. I've had the problem reoccur despite following these steps. Including the extra step of closing my browser after launching Battlefield 4. When will Origin resolve this?

Message 3 of 10 (19,889 Views)

★★★ Novice

hmm...try playing BF4 in x86 mode if you using 64bit OS.......

Message 4 of 10 (19,861 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

For anyone with this issue still make sure you have done:

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you still have issues then see if your windows is stable:

This works in all windows O/S vista win 7,8 and 8.1 windows system file checker :]

...... sfc /scannow ..... ever hear of it if not your going to love this .... it will inspect all the important windows files as well as the windows DLL files. If windows system file checker finds any issues with the windows files and windows DLL files it will replace them. This little tool as well as the event viewer saved me and fully helped me fix my BF4 issues as well as saved my .... many a format since I found it. This is the best toy they ever put in windows :]

1 - Open administrator command prompt and close web pages and programs like origin.

2 - Type or copy and paste in sfc /scannow and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min SSD vs HD

3 - This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors ... it fixed some errors ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4 -After its done reboot and do it again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix ... run sfc /scannow again and when its done a second time reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5- So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop now for now lol, If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow

6 - If you get a message indicating that it can not be repaired and you ran sfc /scannow 2X in a row on win vista or 7 mm you need a format :/ But after format and all updates are done run sfc /scannow to make sure your windows is stable same deal 2x error free reboot between, then If your O/S is Win8 or Win 8,1 then you can run this next command / line in administrator command prompt. Sadly this does not work for win vista or 7 :/ It will restore the health of your PC and you dont lose anything

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth ------- ONLY works for windows 8 and 8.1

7 - When its done reboot

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Did I help you out? Reward me with a XP. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution so others know it worked.

Message 5 of 10 (19,852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

None of that worked at all.

Game is rubber banding like mad, constant packet loss, telporting across maps either 32 or 64.

Internet connection is fine, even had an engineer out 4 times because of this.

Message 6 of 10 (19,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not work

Message 7 of 10 (17,057 Views)

★★★ Novice

Actually, after suffering from rubberbanding since launch, I realized what the issue is.

What finally got rid of the rubberbanding was changing my network setup and getting rid of my router.

I bought an all-in-one cable modem instead to serve my wireless connections.

FYI : My computer is connected through ethernet.

Old : Cable modem -> Router -> Computer
New : Cable modem -> Computer

So in the end, it wasn't EA's fault (for me).

It was my own network setup that caused rubberbanding.

Message 8 of 10 (15,401 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is what worked for me.

I tried everything in this thread, and two others. The problem still persisted.

I walked four steps and went back one. 

What i did.

You need your own modem for this to work.

I set up a static IP address. 

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

I forwarded my ports for BF4 by following this router specific instruction set

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Its different for everyone, i couldn't find my exact router model so i got one close. I followed all instructions. 

When all was said and done, i had zero rubberbanding. 

Message 9 of 10 (15,247 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My friend was at my house while we were playing and he had the problem but I was not and I knew it wasn't my internet. I then noticed I was plug using an Ethernet cord and he wasn't so we switched and we found the problem no more lag at all just get an Ethernet cord.
Message 10 of 10 (13,371 Views)