Battlefield 4 Ports

by SchossKock

Original Post

Battlefield 4 Ports

★★★ Newbie

Do anybody know which ports you need, to play Battlefield 4 online on PC?

Message 1 of 15 (15,990 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Ports

Community Manager (retired)

For Battlefield on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

What kind of issue do you have with the game? Make sure that your PunkBuster is up to date as well as that your firewall/antivirus software is disabled if you run the game. Launch the BF4 application as /administrator.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 15 (15,924 Views)

★★★ Novice

This seems to be incorrect information

On my PC install I have allowed both TCP and UPD ports mentioned. Every single time I try to connect to a server I get "You were disconnected from EASoccer ball" error.

As a test I allowed ports 1000 to 65000 on my firewall (TCP only). It works everytime I join servers.

I disable the rule allowing 1000 to 65000 and it fails again.

Of course I dont want to enable TCP 1000 to 65000 - might as well turn off and throw away my firewall.  need specific ports allowed only.

So I started digging in the logs...the ports in use are all over the place....

Connection 1 - wanted TCP 4302 opened (it failed as I wasnt)

Connection 2 - wanted TCP 3141 opened (it failed as I wasnt)

Connection 3 - wanted TCP 62599 opened (it failed as I wasnt)

Connection 4 - wanted TCP 3438 opened (it failed as I wasnt)

Connection 5 - wanted TCP 4377 opened (it failed as I wasnt)

Connection 6 - wanted TCP 3881 opened (it failed as I wasnt)

Connection 7 - wanted TCP 62939 opened (it failed as I wasnt)

So whats the story guys? You need to reign in these ports required as clearly we dont wnat to open all the range up.

EA can you please reply and let me whats being done? If it comes down to compromising security I will opt for a refund unless EA mails a singed letter assuming all reponsabilty and liability. 

I think the easiest will be to actually fix the issue.

looking forward to your reply on this issue.

Message 3 of 15 (14,939 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any updates on this? I ain't going to open 300+ port to my PC! You crazy!? Give us specific ports EA!

Message 4 of 15 (12,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having same problem

Message 5 of 15 (11,378 Views)

Hero

The ports Bastian posted were correct. What log are you looking at?

To me it sounds like your router might be changing the ports when routing the signals between outside and inside the network.

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 15 (11,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I can confirm that information is NOT true at all as well.

After allowing all of the mentioned ports in the firewall, I am still being asked about new connections. Thus far I only tried twice, and these ports were being used: TCP 10271, UDP 17497, TCP 10171, UDP 17498, UDP 17499, TCP 10191, TCP 10241.

Clearly there either are 1) several other port ranges being used, or even 2) the mentioned ports are not being used at all.

Get your facts together, EA. The provided instructions are absolutely useless.

P.S. Unsurprisingly, if I make a rule to deny connections on any other than the provided ports, the game won't start.

Message 7 of 15 (10,837 Views)

Anonymous

I have done scans and have totally different values.

Try adding the game.exe to your firewall with all ports allowed (on the exe only).

Start the game, and when it is running open CMD and type: netstat -b -a

You should have several port entries for bf4.exe or bf_x84.exe

Message 8 of 15 (10,817 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well I don't really care that much, and simply enabled all outgoing connections for bf4.exe instead. The ports also change all the time based on the yet unknown ranges, so any kind of troubleshooting is probably pointless waste of time.

Message 9 of 15 (10,813 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm always surprised this kind of information is found on the forums and not specified on an official website. Also, the information provided by EA_Bastian is not complete. A firewall uses two types of ports for traffic. Source and destination. To be able to successfully play the game, you will have to open both the source AND destination ports - which usually are not the same. My guess is that the ports specified by EA_Bastian is destination ports only.

Is there a way to get a full, official firewall port specification that clearly specifies which ports to open?

Not everyone use a D-Link home router which allows pretty much anything through..

Also, while I'm at it - an anti-virus exclusion list would also be of interest so I don't have to disable the anti-virus to be able to play..

Message 10 of 15 (8,680 Views)