Battlefield 4 Packet loss very high

by Andutakess

Original Post

Battlefield 4 Packet loss very high

★★★ Apprentice

I am experiencing severe packet loss on all the servers I have tried... it goes up to 25 Packets lost in ... out is usually in the single digits though... my latency isn't that high though it's usually 30-60 depending on server... but it's really unplayable when I aim at some dude and then the next fraction of a second he's 10 feet away from that position... is there anything I can do on my end to fix it?

Message 1 of 12 (12,135 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Packet loss very high

Community Manager

The quickest and easiest thing to do to improve your connection quality is to connect with an Ethernet cable rather than wirelessly.

barry.png
Message 2 of 12 (12,072 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Server or BF4 client side issue, it's not your connection.

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fr/forum/threadview/2955064768169129622/1/

Message 3 of 12 (12,057 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am connecting through an Ethernet cable...

The weird thing is that my friend has internet from the same ISP as I do and he doesn't seem to have this problem.... when he uses the ingame test tool he gets much lower results than me... like 1-2 packet loss compared to my 3-20...

Message 4 of 12 (12,029 Views)

★ Guide

I cannot believe the answer from EA regarding using an Ethernet cable.

Right the game has an issue with packet loss, not peoples computers and connections. The reason why ?

- I have tested my packet loss on bf3 CSS and other online games, I get no packet loss.

- I have run test programs for my broadband, guess what, there is no packet loss.

- I play BF4, for the first five or ten minutes its nice and smooth and I feel like I can kill people when aiming at them.

After ten minutes the game starts to feel less accurate. I then run the network test in game. It tells me I am losing packets out or in.

The highest so far is 3.3 packets out and a massive 10.0 packets in.

There are many posts on battlelog about this issue.

PS. Most PC gamers aren't stupid and don't use wireless for gaming. That reply was insulting.

Message 5 of 12 (11,990 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ea has no clue anymore. That answer is a insult.

Message 6 of 12 (11,827 Views)

Hero

Suggesting to use an Ethernet cable isn't stupid. Most people who have these problems actually have them because of a crappy Wireless setup.

The error was not giving enough information about your setup in the first place - people shouldn't have to guess what setup you have and what you have already tried to fix the problem. In other words, write better questions and you will get better answers.

Now if BF4 has packetloss problems, which I have no idea if is the case (I don't work for EA, I can't check) then yes that just another bug in a long annoying list. Now this problem doesn't occour with everybody and now all the time, which suggests you might be able to work out a workaround which is exactly one of the things this forum is for, so how about you work towards that instead of just writing crappy jokes (which is deleted some of btw.).

carbonic signature

Message 7 of 12 (11,032 Views)

★★★★ Novice

In my case I tried ethernet, i tried connecting direct to my ISP's router and still the problem is there. I also tried a different machine.

Message 8 of 12 (10,384 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would like to add I just got a new verizon router Actiontec I424BW latest revision and them is STILL THERE!!! every server, multiple machines, ethernet and wireless. 

FIX THIS GAME!!

Message 9 of 12 (10,146 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem friend. It's been going on for ages.

Move on to less frustrating games, because, you know, games are for relaxation and not frustration

Message 10 of 12 (10,130 Views)