Battlefield 4 [PC] won't launch

by praetorian565

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 [PC] won't launch

★★★★★ Newbie

WOW buddy. I could not launch the game at all, tried everything mentioned then got to your post and put in Google Chrome as default browser.

and it WORKED!

Big thanks bud :-)

Message 51 of 79 (2,570 Views)

★★ Novice

I HAVE THE ANSWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!! 

Jerome RyanThanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Jerome Ryan. How may I assist you today?
youHI
youi have a problem
youmy battlefield 4 wont launch
youi cant play online
Jerome RyanI see and sorry to hear about that but no worries, I'll be happy to assist you with this.
youor campaign
Jerome RyanJust to be sure though, your having issue launching Battlefield 4, is that correct?
youyes
Jerome RyanDo you get any sort of error message or message at all when you tried to launch the game?
youno errors
youits sometimes say that it cant be launch properly
Jerome RyanOk, so you were able to play the game before on that computer right?
youyes ofcourse
Jerome RyanAlright, we'll go ahead and troubleshoot your issue, first off we'll clear out the cache of your Origin to make sure there's no corrupted files within your Origin games.
Jerome RyanDo you happen to know how to show the hidden files and folders in your computer?
youyes
Jerome RyanAlright, please allow that option first and after that, please log out in your Origin client and open your "local hard drive (C):" then click on "ProgramData" folder and inside that folder, delete the folder called "Origin".
youi did it
Jerome RyanOnce you're done, open again your "local hard drive (C):", click on the "Users" folder, then inside that folder you'll see your "Computer name/Username" folder, click on it. Click on "Appdata" folder and click on "Local" and inside that folder, please delete the "Origin" folder.
youdone
Jerome RyanLastly, we need to go back to your "Computer name/Username" folder, then inside it click on the "Appdata" folder again and click on "Roaming" folder. Inside that folder, please delete the "Origin" folder. Once we're done deleting those folders, please go to your Recycle bin and have it emptied.
youok i did it
Jerome RyanThat's great and please logged in back to Origin client then try to check your game and let see how it goes.
youok it loads now the game opened
youthank you sir
Jerome RyanAwesome and glad it works.
Message 52 of 79 (2,465 Views)

★★ Novice
Jerome RyanThanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Jerome Ryan. How may I assist you today?
youHI
youi have a problem
youmy battlefield 4 wont launch
youi cant play online
Jerome RyanI see and sorry to hear about that but no worries, I'll be happy to assist you with this.
youor campaign
Jerome RyanJust to be sure though, your having issue launching Battlefield 4, is that correct?
youyes
Jerome RyanDo you get any sort of error message or message at all when you tried to launch the game?
youno errors
youits sometimes say that it cant be launch properly
Jerome RyanOk, so you were able to play the game before on that computer right?
youyes ofcourse
Jerome RyanAlright, we'll go ahead and troubleshoot your issue, first off we'll clear out the cache of your Origin to make sure there's no corrupted files within your Origin games.
Jerome RyanDo you happen to know how to show the hidden files and folders in your computer?
youyes
Jerome RyanAlright, please allow that option first and after that, please log out in your Origin client and open your "local hard drive (C):" then click on "ProgramData" folder and inside that folder, delete the folder called "Origin".
youi did it
Jerome RyanOnce you're done, open again your "local hard drive (C):", click on the "Users" folder, then inside that folder you'll see your "Computer name/Username" folder, click on it. Click on "Appdata" folder and click on "Local" and inside that folder, please delete the "Origin" folder.
youdone
Jerome RyanLastly, we need to go back to your "Computer name/Username" folder, then inside it click on the "Appdata" folder again and click on "Roaming" folder. Inside that folder, please delete the "Origin" folder. Once we're done deleting those folders, please go to your Recycle bin and have it emptied.
youok i did it
Jerome RyanThat's great and please logged in back to Origin client then try to check your game and let see how it goes.
youok it loads now the game opened
youthank you sir
Jerome RyanAwesome and glad it works.
Message 53 of 79 (2,465 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This seems to be working for me as well.  Once I logged back on, A ton of updates kicked off.  Something must have been corrupt in the client.  Thanks for posting!

Message 54 of 79 (2,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I can't run a plug in
Message 55 of 79 (1,967 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im having the same proplem

Message 56 of 79 (1,941 Views)

★★ Novice

me too!!

Message 57 of 79 (1,748 Views)

★★ Novice

i have all the issues of evrybody with the game not starting

so i reinstalled the Origin repaied the game again

started the game on Chrome which i dont normally use and got this box

regarding data stored on cloud is wrong so i ticked keep the info local and the bloody game started

so i thanks evry one but try that 

i am a pc idiot but this worked for me i notice this cloud storage box before but ignored it 

hope this helps

Message 58 of 79 (1,731 Views)

★ Apprentice

When I log in with my friend's ID the game is totally normal .. but with my ID I have this problem .. Any idea is very appreciated

Thanks

Message 59 of 79 (1,481 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Can you login to BL whatsoever?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank-you
Killerwhal812
Marshall

If I or Anyone helped in any way please in return make the time to award then with XP please.
If I solved the problem please press 'Accept as Soloution' next to my post so others know of the soloution.

I DO NOT WORK FOR EA
MY VIEWS ARE MY SOLE OPINION AND NOT EAs

Message 60 of 79 (1,472 Views)