Re: Battlefield 4 PC game loading fix!! NEW!!

by bcom33

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 PC game loading fix!! NEW!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

For those of you who are having issues of the game not loading properly when you join a server for MP This may be the fix for you. This does not have anythign to do with Firewall or any Origin issue, but an issue with Win 7 (maybe 8) that prevents it from opening properly.  

I looked at the Event Viewer for Windows to see what errors were poping up when it wouldn't load or "Stopped Working" and then went from there. Through some research I found this fix and it worked for me.

You must go into your Control Panel, go to System and Security, Windows Update, and uninstall two  following Security updates: 

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2859537)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2872339).

i also disabled Origin In-Game and Cloud storage just in case but I tried those before without the security updates and it did nothing.  

Hope this helps those who are desperately trying to solve this issue of not being able to play.

Enjoy!

Message 1 of 9 (1,456 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Hope it works!

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,483 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Hope it works!

Message 2 of 9 (1,484 Views)

★★★ Novice

Standard smile

Message 3 of 9 (1,439 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Didn't work for me.

Message 4 of 9 (1,434 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have windows 8, for me the problem IS origin, I can not start the game at all until I close the orgin window that pops up every time the game is loaded... I can click on the loading screen to get the game started as soon as orgin is closed- all the security updates did not help, as I tried that first.

Message 5 of 9 (1,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

^ i have the same problem on windows 7!

Message 6 of 9 (1,241 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did this and restarted. It still doesn't work. This is not cool. 

Message 7 of 9 (1,185 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not working no matter what I do.

Message 8 of 9 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I had issues with IE and Battlelog Webplugins too, and found after little Googling a solution. I am currently using setup, that I have Windows Defender on, no other antivirus software (it's an experiment). And it seems, that problem I am facing with Webplugin (asking to install it over and over again and not allowing me to play BF4) disappeared, when I disabled the real time protection in Windows Defender settings. Of course that leaves my computer more open to attacks, when playing Battlefield, and that IS unacceptable.

Now to other people here, please report if you have similar problems, and if this fix (Disabling real time protection against viruses and trojans) helped you to play BF4 when using Windows 8.1 and IE and Windows Defender.

Now, someone might ask, but WHY are you using IE and Windows Defender? Well, the answer is, that I work in techsupport too, and I WANT to understand, what it is like, if you try to be most of the people, who try to use their computers "out of the box" way, that is, with default settings. And on Windows platform, what is more DEFAULT than IE and Windows Defender? So come on DICE/EA, you SHOULD BE able to make games work WITH default settings WITHOUT ANY HASSLE! And do not give reply that use Firefox, that is not the point here. The point is, that you should be able to solve this kind of problems, since software causing this is INTEGRAL PART OF THE WINDOWS PLATFORM today!

Message 9 of 9 (1,017 Views)