Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Lag Regardless of Ping, FPS or Internet Speed

by chompy9

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Lag Regardless of Ping, FPS or Internet Speed

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem as well, regardless of internet speed.  If you go into options > gameplay, there should be something called network smoothing if I recall correctly, I turned mine down to 0% and it seems to have improved slightly.  My system:  AMD FX-8350 (eight core at 4GHz), Asus/Nvidia GTX 660 OC edition, WD Black edition 1TB HD.  It's been mentioned to me that the problem could be my hard drive speed (even though it's at 7200 RPM) but I can't see how that could effect anything other than the speed at which different maps load because the only thing faster would be solid state.  I can get 10-15 ping on one server, then get 90-100 ping on another and there isn't a notable difference, still acts like I have 500 ping.  I wonder if this game demands a lot of upload speed, because right now I have a slow upload.  This isn't affected by number of players either.  They recently had a patch, and nothing improved for me.  Hopefully they can repair this soon because this game shouldn't have been released with such a problem that makes the game unplayable.

Message 11 of 14 (497 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Multilayer Lag Regardless of Ping, FPS or Internet Speed

★★★ Newbie

I have been having the same problems, lag spikes, sound turing off, random bugs... 

Message 12 of 14 (339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

game crash is gone, but now i have a many lags in game and can not play normaly all this month some errors bravo DICE u are the best... never seen so many errors, not in a single game....  game is all time freezing in multiplayer mode, upload a new patch DICE EA...... we are play your brokenfield all month with CRASH FREEZE LAGS BUGS.. I bought your game downloaded and it should work as well as all the games ... 

Message 13 of 14 (335 Views)

★★★ Novice

so theres no fix for this still??

Message 14 of 14 (324 Views)