Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Lag Regardless of Ping, FPS or Internet Speed

by chompy9

Original Post

Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Lag Regardless of Ping, FPS or Internet Speed

★ Novice

Can somebody please help me with this! I had the same problem with the beta and just assumed (foolishly) that EA/DICE would fix the bug with the game shipped.  It’s the second problem I am having to fix just to play the game. EA Support has been absolutely useless in both cases. I cannot stress how grateful I would be if somebody could actually help me.

So basically any multiplayer game I join regardless of the player count, the ping, the FPS or my internet speed I experience something that feels/plays exactly like high lag/latency (im talking unplayable skipping 20-30 metre, shooting at people that are already dead kind of thing). I see mentions of the problem on the internet but no fix.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Message 1 of 14 (10,868 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Lag Regardless of Ping, FPS or Internet Speed

★★★ Apprentice
There is no fix, EA released an unfinished game so they could beat COD to market.

Wait for them to finish it and release a patch, or get a refund.
Message 2 of 14 (10,834 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It really does seem that way. Buying BF4 was the last chance I was willing to give EA.. Its buggy as hell and I would get a refund if I had purchused the game through Origin I would TRY and get a refund but unforuntatnanytly I got a good deal and its not really ethical to try and force them to give me a refund...All they did was sell me the game. 

Bloody EA! I hate them so bloody much. I have almost zero faith in getting this fixed anytime soon. 

That being said, I would really like if any body had any suggestions toward fixing the problem?

Message 3 of 14 (10,810 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Multilayer Lag Regardless of Ping, FPS or Internet Speed

★★★ Newbie

I am not playing on the beta and its lagging and the sound turns of sometimes. Pc specs, GTX 660 Ti, i7 2600, 8 g ram. And I am playin this on the nvidia graphic settings. FIX THIS FACKING PROBLEM. WAST OF MONEY.

Message 4 of 14 (10,035 Views)

★ Apprentice

there are 3 topics about this issue and noone is answering, like they don`t even care,and maybee they don`t, they have our money now

Message 5 of 14 (10,025 Views)

★★★ Newbie

troyanouds - i have the same pc spec! I'm getting the lag the same as you!!!!

I think i just have to wait until first addon. Then the game should be "playable"

Message 6 of 14 (10,022 Views)

★ Guide

The most important for them is now preparing DLC for extra money and not fixing the game.... the update they provided caused I can't play a single map without having a crash. Befroe the update I could play a few maps before app failure..

Keep up that way Standard smile

Message 7 of 14 (10,016 Views)

★★★ Guide

If this happens on every server, it is not the game. There is something happening with your PC. I have the issue with rubberbanding on some servers, but not all.

Make sure your BIOS and Chipset drivers are up to date (go to manufacturer of motherboard for this), do a clean reinstall of GPU drivers (CCcleaner, and google how to do it).

Message 8 of 14 (10,013 Views)

★ Novice

I am very doubtful that its anything relating to my PC or network. I don't have any problems with any other game or applicaiton and I don't even think it is rubberbanding, not in a tradtional sense anyway. In fact, I move around fine from memory. Its as if it just loses sync or something, typically it starts off horrible and gets progessively worse as I am playing. But as best as I can tell its just particular hardware sets typically leaning toward the AMD platform that have the problem.

Message 9 of 14 (9,983 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They Care. I talked with the support an they told me they now about the problem an they really wanted to help me. I tested my connection with UOTrace and it was bad. They are working on a patch

Message 10 of 14 (6,221 Views)