Battlefield 4 LAG

by FilipeTheKid

Original Post

Battlefield 4 LAG

★★★★ Novice

Could someone please help me with my issue?
Video explaining:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CiF0pQsPxo
Look at 0:55, 1:38 and 3:00 as examples.

This is happening so often that the game is starting to be unplayable.

Message 1 of 9 (386 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 LAG

Champion (Retired)

you should try lowering your settings and see if helps

Message 2 of 9 (385 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Graphics settings aren't the point. Ultra = LAG and Low = LAG.

Message 3 of 9 (379 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Could you post the specs of your computer @FilipeTheKid 

Message 4 of 9 (376 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is in the video.

Message 5 of 9 (369 Views)

Can you list your PC specs? Also here are some fixes for FPS drops that have worked for many other users:

1.  Disable origin in game as it's causes lag and FPS problems. To turn off Origin in game log into Origin, in the upper left hand corner click on the word "Origin" in the menu, and then click on "Application Settings".  Next go to the "Origin in game" tab and uncheck the "enable Origin in game" box.

2.  If you have the Raptr game tracking program running kill the process before playing BF4, this solved my random FPS drops even on Dragon's Teeth maps.

3.  If you are using MSI afterburning turn it off as some users report that it isn't playing well with BF4.

4.  For Win8 users try running BF4 in Win7 compatibility mode.  Right click on bf4.exe, select "Properties", then "Compatibility" and then choose run as Win7.

5. Better Battlelog also causes performance issues so try disabling it and see if that helps if you are running it

6.  Razer Game Booster and Razer Cortex have also been reported as creating playability problems with BF4.  if you have these programs installed disable them before trying to play BF4.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 6 of 9 (364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

1.  Done. Worked only in BF3.

2.  I don't use this program.

3.  I don't use this program.

4. Crashed my game.

5. I don't use this.

6.  Done. Didn't work.

PS: My specs are in the video. Please watch it.

Message 7 of 9 (352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A Geforce 730M absolutely is not powerful enough to expect flawless stutter free gameplay, irregardless of what other games you've played with it on ultra settings. Also BF4 is optimized for Mantle radeon cards, either way on my laptop with a 740M I get the same performance, on my desktop with a R9 280X I have zero issues.

-- Suttering issues like this are indicative of overheating issues, either CPU or GPU --

Message 8 of 9 (332 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you say that 50~70 FPS aren't enough, then I don't know what is enough. I play Battlefield 3 with no issues, unlike this garbage called Battlefield 4. I play this piece of trash since the beginning and with the recent patches, DICE f*cked up the stability of the game. I see players with GTX 760 with FPS stutters, so I'm sure that this isn't a hardware problem.

Message 9 of 9 (311 Views)