Battlefield 4 Extremely Slow Map Loading

by TrollskiPatrosci

Original Post

Battlefield 4 Extremely Slow Map Loading

★★★ Novice

So I am having problems with loading into maps with my Battlefield 4.

Usually it starts up quick as usual, but then I tend to get stuck first on the "black loading screen" for about 10-60 seconds.

And then I can start to load the map.
However loading the map can take from 1 minute to about 8 minutes before I can finally spawn ingame. Sometimes even more.....

It has not always been like this, when BF4 launched I could load maps as usual, but I have not changed anything since then. Only the latest patches have occurred since I launched Battlefield 4 for the first time.

Useful information:
- Running on a windows 7 Ultimate.
- Running Battlefield / Battlelog / Origin on a 2,5 SATA disk.
- I am sitting on 8 GB RAM.
- I have the latest drivers for my AMD graphic card.
- I have the latest punkbuster update.
- I am running firefox / origin in administrators mode.
- There is no firewall / antivirus blocking any connections for origin / battlefield or firefox (battlelog).
- I have 110/10 internet speed which should not make the internet connection it self to cause any problems.

If there are any more questions you might have about my specs as well as anything else. Do not hesitate to ask them, I will watch this thread like a hawk until I will have a fix to this problem. It makes me loose about 40% of my playtime each day which is taking it's toll in my nerves..

Message 1 of 11 (9,086 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Extremely Slow Map Loading

★★★ Novice

*BUMP*

Message 2 of 11 (8,879 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

buy an SSD !!!! yes i run one and have no problems

Message 3 of 11 (8,870 Views)

★★★ Novice

You clearly do not know anything about computers.

Message 4 of 11 (8,834 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem.
I use SSD even if that dosent matter.

Message 5 of 11 (8,143 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem, i sometimes even need 5 minutes to get in the server, that its keep on loading, my pc did bf3 well and loaded it well, but with bf4 it sucks

Message 6 of 11 (6,137 Views)

★ Novice

Guys from EA stop eating your donut and get your lazy ass from your chair and fix this damn problem...

You guys are letting us down, again!!!

Message 7 of 11 (4,684 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yeah, I got the new update. Unfortunately, now none of the maps will load! The static loading screen fades to black, with the loading icon still playing, and then nothing happens. I have tried restarting the game, restarting the console and restarting my modem; nothing is wrong with my hardware! is this a problem that everyone is having?
I am playing on an XBOX 360 CONSOLE and having the same issue, so it CANNOT BE HARDWARE RELATED!!!

Message 8 of 11 (3,099 Views)

★★ Novice

Got this problem today, after installing the latest origin update. It looks like the game become working too slow. 
Before that i've got up to 30 sec to get the game loaded, but now it seems it could take ages of waiting.

Not every changes are for better. =\

Message 9 of 11 (2,960 Views)

@Skietje5 wrote:

Guys from EA stop eating your donut and get your lazy ass from your chair and fix this damn problem...

You guys are letting us down, again!!!

This is a community driven help forum where the majority of posters are not EA employees but fellow gamers who have knowledge on many aspects of troubleshooting Battlefield games.  For the long load times and sporadic lag try disabling "Origin in game".  I had this problem last week after an Origin update and disabling Origin in game sovled it for me. 

To turn off Origin in game log into Origin, in the upper left hand corner click on the word "Origin" in the menu, and then click on "Application Settings".  Next go to the "Origin in game" tab and uncheck the "enable Origin in game" box.

And I think that only the Battlefield Hardline team gets doughnuts in order to get them into the proper Police mind set ;-)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 10 of 11 (989 Views)