Re: Battlefield 4 Campaign progress won't save for me.

by CyberDyme

Original Post

Battlefield 4 Campaign progress won't save for me.

★★★★★ Newbie

For some reason everytime I turn off Battlefield 4 and come back to it at another time it won't save my Single-Player progress. It shows on my Battlelog account that I've progressed through the first 6 levels of the game. But when I go on to play it wants me to start from the first level showing that I've made no actual progress. This looks like an issue saving data as well as linking to my battlelog account. Please help as this is very frustrating that I have lost an entire segment of the game that I enjoy.

(note i copied what someone else posted 3 years ago but im having this EXACT PROBLEM right now myself on my PS3.)

Message 1 of 3 (251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

This was a known issue for very long initially when the game came out.  Would have thought it had been all solved by now but maybe not or its back somehow?

In any case, I recall most players back then did the following workaround to 'solve' it, meaning have the game save the progress you make with your soldier in the campaign:

1. On your play console, go into your Parameters/Settings dialogue.

2. Go to Power/Start Up configuration.

3. Remove the option to 'Resume Games Quickly'.

Depending on your platform, there are slight variations to this theme.  But essential is that whenever you power down, that you shut down/off completely the BF4 game, as going into 'hibernation mode' will not force the BF4 game to send the progress back to the EA server.

Lets hear if this solves your issue and best of luck with it !

Message 2 of 3 (225 Views)

@shinjlong wrote:

For some reason everytime I turn off Battlefield 4 and come back to it at another time it won't save my Single-Player progress. It shows on my Battlelog account that I've progressed through the first 6 levels of the game. But when I go on to play it wants me to start from the first level showing that I've made no actual progress. This looks like an issue saving data as well as linking to my battlelog account. Please help as this is very frustrating that I have lost an entire segment of the game that I enjoy.

(note i copied what someone else posted 3 years ago but im having this EXACT PROBLEM right now myself on my PS3.)

One way to safe guard against this is to upload your game saves to the PSN cloud. Here is a walkthrough to use the feature:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIt3qv1DPXU&list=WL&index=78

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 3 (213 Views)