Battlefield 4 Campaign Issues

by BinoWoo2

Original Post

Battlefield 4 Campaign Issues

★★ Novice

So ive played the battlefield 4 campaign before without any hitches or glitches, and I got a new account to play bf4 on and wanted the m249 but I had a few snags in the campaign causing it to be a real pain.

During the third chapter of the campaign everything was going smoothly until I got to actually retrieving the hard drive, as I went to grab the hard drive my image froze on the screen (computer was still responsive and the game just no movement to the image) I could still hear the dialog in the background but I couldn't proceed with the mission. So I restarted from last checkpoint, when I spawn in Kovic spawns next to me then slides through the wall to other npcs leaving me trapped in the hard drive room with the doors closed on either side. This was sorted by restarting the mission and replaying 30mins of gameplay and footage. I also reinstalled the game as instructed by EA advisors.

The second time happened today, I got past the third chapter and was onto the fourth. Again everything was going smoothly until I reached the sewers, I walked down them like normal and got to the final ladder before your reach ground again. I climbed up the ladder but then my character slid to the side and through the map wall forcing me under the map, I tried restarting from the last checkpoint again but it spawned me under the map again even though the game hadn't made a save since about 2mins ago from that point. Look I love the game but its becoming impossible for me to complete the campaign. The only way to sort it on my end is to restart the mission but if this keeps happening on every mission from here I will be replaying an extra 30mins a time of gameplay I have played through many times before.

Message 1 of 4 (202 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Campaign Issues

★★ Apprentice

I also had that same freeze but was able to CClean and reboot/restart and continue along with several other cut scene freezes throughout the game......

Now....

Noticed since the last updates (May)  that when I go to launch Campaign mode (going for that MG in Suez) BL is running in Task Manager but not launching and noticed while in Task Manager viewing Performances (the exhaust fan sounded like a 707 taking off) my CPU was running at 99.9% and the 16 gigs of RAM are maxed out, this continues til the PC shuts down.  It's like an extreme benchmark going on.

And after running DiscCleanup, CCleaner, SAS, MBAM and all the usuals it continues to launch itself in 'Extreme Benchmark Mode.'

I have checked for updates, ran Repair Game,  uninstalled and reinstalled  BF4, cleared all registry file etc and even uninstalled and reinstalled Origin to no avail; on the other hand Multiplayer performs as usual as does all the other BL functions. 

Message 2 of 4 (185 Views)

★★ Apprentice

forgot to check the email me reply box...sbt.

Message 3 of 4 (183 Views)

★★ Apprentice

what i did was just restart and it continued....

Message 4 of 4 (182 Views)