Battlefield 4 Beta Directx Error

by ChazorHD

Original Post

Battlefield 4 Beta Directx Error

★★★ Novice

I am a BF3 Premium Member and got access to the Battlefield 4 Exclusive Beta. I waited until 6:00pm (when the beta came out in Australia) on the 1st of October. When given access to the beta, I immediately tried to join a beta server with my clan. At first I was presented when I clicked join a server, I received a message about upgrading my AMD Drivers from 13.1 to 13.4. I upgraded my GPU's drivers to the most updated drivers available - 13.4 Beta. I then tried to join a server again. My battlelog said I was joining server, initialising, logging in, connecting and then loading level just like Battlefield 3. BF4 Exclusive Beta is on my bottom bar. I click on it to be presented with the BF4 Beta loading screen (with gun sounds and music) for about 20-30 seconds before crashing with the following error:

"DirectX Error

DirectX function "device-> CreateBuffer(&dxDesc, 0,&buffer->m_buffer)" failed with E_INVALIDARG ("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function."). GPU: "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4850", Driver: 13.4 (8.97.10-130424a-156445E-ATI) "

I have tried several things such as making sure Windows 7 is up to date, installing drivers over and over and attempting to fiddle around with directx and the bf4 beta settings file to no avail.

Please Help!

I feel so disadvantaged and want so much to get into the beta!  PLEASE HELP!

System Specs:

CPU: Core i7 Dual Core Processor 2.8Ghz

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 4850 1gb VRam

Message 1 of 44 (28,032 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Directx Error

★★★ Newbie

i also have this. the game installs 20% then nothing

Message 2 of 44 (27,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same DirectX error!!, please Support Confusedmileysad:

Message 3 of 44 (27,749 Views)

Hero

Well, there's not much I can help with when not even the manufacturer supports the card anymore. I would suggest getting a new graphics card, even the low budget ones should be better than a 4850 - I know it's a lousy solution but there's not really much else I can think of.

Btw. if you bought the game on Origin and BF4 doesn't work when it's released you can get a refund for free within 24 ours of first trying to play the game.

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 44 (27,594 Views)

★★★ Novice

Upgrading the card really isn't an option as I am running Windows 7 through Bootcamp on an iMac until I get my new computer start of next year. Any temporary solutions?

Message 5 of 44 (27,290 Views)

★ Novice

Im getting the same error with my gtx 770 so buying a new card isnt the answer.

Message 6 of 44 (26,262 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Carbonic wrote:

Well, there's not much I can help with when not even the manufacturer supports the card anymore. I would suggest getting a new graphics card, even the low budget ones should be better than a 4850 - I know it's a lousy solution but there's not really much else I can think of.

Btw. if you bought the game on Origin and BF4 doesn't work when it's released you can get a refund for free within 24 ours of first trying to play the game.

Honestly, yours is not a solution and also the worst I have ever seen. So you are blaming us using old cards but not the game not supporting our cards. Nice one.

Update: Open beta is still the same as Exclusive beta. Just tried and got the same DirectX error.

Well done EA. Thanks for ignoring your customer and our voice. Great job.

Message 7 of 44 (26,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

SAme problem here ......

In fact I changed my video driver Nvidia GTX650 ti 2 gb , at  331.40 and after one session of  game or so I send the error, but that's not all ....

Now the bf3 does not work, send the same error after minutes of playing, I've found that having installed my nvidia 314.22 driver I have no problems with bf3.

But I can not play if you do not update bf4 beta,at 331.40 driver ... meaning that fix a problem with bf4 at times, but one more serious genre with bf3.

final and no refund'll ask ...I will not have money for  better card ...please help EA .

My pc :

Motherboard : Msi 970A-G46

cpu : Amd Phenom 980 deneb black edition 3.7 ghz ( no overlock)

gpu: Nvidia Geforce gtx650 ti 2 gb.

ram: kingston Hiperx 8 gm 1600 

Hard disk : 1 tb

so. windows 7 64 bits ultimate 

Latest windows updates

Direcx 11

Message 8 of 44 (26,016 Views)

★ Novice

You know what's funny? I've got an ATI 4890, and with the 13.1 driver, my BF4 works (it has some FPS problems), but when i upgraded it to 13.10 beta, i get the same directx error. So how is this possible?:D

Message 9 of 44 (25,491 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm playing on HD 6850 and it doesn't matter if i'm on low or high graphic settings i have 20-40 FPS.

I have beta drivers from 29.09.2013, so? Optimize this game so we can play it!

Message 10 of 44 (25,367 Views)