Battlefield 4 Beta DirectX ERROR !!!!!

by Loolgod

Original Post

Battlefield 4 Beta DirectX ERROR !!!!!

★★★ Newbie

Hi ! 

I get an error when I try to join a server ... the game starts but then crashes and I get this error:

DirectX function "device-> CreateTexture2D(&texDesc, desc.subResourceCount != 0 ? reinterpret_cast<const D3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATA*>(desc.subResourceData) : 0, &texture->m_texture2d)" failed with E_INVALIDARG ("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function."). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 ", Driver: 32723

The img error here ----->    http://prntscr.com/1vl30u

PLEASE HELP !!! WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT ?????!!!!?????

HELPPP !!! 

- loolgod

Message 1 of 14 (51,571 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Beta DirectX ERROR !!!!!

[ Edited ]
Hero

First of all you should update your drivers, you can find the graphics one here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Beta-Drivers-for-Radeon-and-Geforce/m-p/1596753#U1596753

also, since you are new, here's a graphic:

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 14 (51,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the guide Standard smile

However I have already updated the drivers and nothing changes ! Frown

HELP

Message 3 of 14 (51,226 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You probably have to high graphics on, http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/BF4-graphics-issue/m-p/1632127#U1632127

use this thread it shows you step by step how to fix to high graphics bug, if this doesnt work your computer doesnt have the requirments to run bf4 beta,

and please search in the forums before asking a question i have found about 10 people with the same problem within a few minutes and i think its annoying that i got to tell everyone how to do it when you can just search it up

and EA should make a post about how to fix it so not everyone post Questions

Regards Tastiest space

Message 4 of 14 (51,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get the same Error. The first time i tried to play it after the install it gave me that Error. After a PC reboot the game worked, but as soon as i went alt tab the error popped up again. A few days later i was able to play the game without any errors even when i went alt tab. Today Origins updated my BF4 Beta and the same error appears again?! I even tried the graphic settings thing you posted. Nothing changed. My graphics where on ultra when i started the Game first and it worked on ultra even while the game worked. 

My Specs:
Intel i5 3570

12gb Ram

radeon hd 7870 pcs+

Message 5 of 14 (45,891 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@TastedSpace I'm sorry but where exactly in your linked post does it give any of the directx failure descriptions he mentioned?  You ASSUMED what the problem was and then answered based on that assumption, then chewed him out for not following your lateral thinking?   Do you think he should just search for any general graphics problems?

Anywho.  I have the same problem.  Seems to be concurrent with the new release for me, haven't had the problem before, although it has been about 3 days since I last played.   Tried:

updating drivers (NVIDIA)

reinstalling direct x

reinstalling BF4

repairing C++ .net package

No change.   It was running fine before.  This is a very new build.  ROG board, GTX 760, Haswell.  Anywho.   

Message 6 of 14 (45,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Posting my specs, if it helps:

i5-2430M @ 2.4 Ghz
8Gb RAM
nVidia GT540M 1Gb (331.40 beta driver)

Win 7 x64

Before update it was unplayable, now it won't even start. If you could fix this before the end of open beta that would be awesome Standard smile

EDIT: What fixed it for me was deleting PROFSAVE, PROFSAVE_header and PROFSAVE_profile from X:\Users\_Username_\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings (or moving them to another folder). This will reset all your settings, but it will launch at least. Runs much smoother than before by the way Standard smile

Message 7 of 14 (43,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, i was facing the same issue today, I find a way to slove this issue, Click Windows icon on the bottom left >> type RUN in the search bar >> type "dxdiag" then choose 64-bit. then the installation  is successful.

Message 8 of 14 (42,768 Views)

★ Novice

SAME **bleep** HERE!!!!

Message 9 of 14 (41,876 Views)

★ Apprentice
If you have windows 8.1 which is on non-english setting,
You must change system locale to English(us) because of the Directx bug DICE can't fix.
Message 10 of 14 (35,972 Views)