BF4 (x64) startup crash

by DonkeyStrength

Original Post

BF4 (x64) startup crash

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When I start the game up and it goes into battlelog everything works fine. I join a server that has about 30 people in it and I wait for the blue bar to say "Loading Level" I click the BF4 icon on my task bar and the game always crashes after about 5 seconds. 

My PC Specs

CPU: AMD A10-5800k APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.80GHz

Ram: 12GB

Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10

Free Disk Space: 600 GB

Video Card: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

I don't know if it is trying to start up the game on integrated graphics but it crashes every time. The test range and campaign do the same thing as when I try to join a server.

Message 1 of 10 (463 Views)

Re: BF4 (x64) startup crash

Hero (Retired)

Hello. Try to delete folder settings of bf4 C:\Users\[User_name]\Documents\Battlefield 4\ and don't change ingame video options such as 'API graphics" - use DX11, and "Display mode" - use Full screen

Message 2 of 10 (452 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried this and it allowed me to make it to the deploy screen on test range before it crashed. I could sit on the deploy screen as long as i wanted until I clicked escape or clicking on screen after testing multiple times

Message 3 of 10 (437 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Please, give to us txt file of dxdiag.

Also run command prompt as Admin then enter a commands and attach list.txt file from root folder of C drive to a message
set > C:\list.txt
tasklist /v >> C:\list.txt

Message 4 of 10 (426 Views)

@DonkeyStrength wrote:

When I start the game up and it goes into battlelog everything works fine. I join a server that has about 30 people in it and I wait for the blue bar to say "Loading Level" I click the BF4 icon on my task bar and the game always crashes after about 5 seconds. 

My PC Specs

CPU: AMD A10-5800k APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.80GHz

Ram: 12GB

Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10

Free Disk Space: 600 GB

Video Card: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

I don't know if it is trying to start up the game on integrated graphics but it crashes every time. The test range and campaign do the same thing as when I try to join a server.

I see that you are using AMD, go into your task manager and see if AMD installed something called "Plays.tv", if it did disable it from starting up at login, then reboot and try playing again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 5 of 10 (416 Views)

★★ Novice

I have already uninstalled play.tv after this problem started happening and it didn't fix the problem

Message 6 of 10 (403 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure why but I do not see the run option for gathering the dxdiag file. This is what the menu looks like https://gyazo.com/c999a747f859dcf5fb7c59f8df451422

Message 7 of 10 (399 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Are u read dxdiag??? There is all info! )

Message 8 of 10 (380 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes. The option to do what it is telling me to do isn't there if you look at the gyazo link

Message 9 of 10 (364 Views)

Hero (Retired)

how can read and not see

If you have trouble reading the DXDIAG file, save all the DXDIAG info as a text file and send it to an EA Advisor 
  1. Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
  2. Save this text file to your Desktop if possible (this file can be added as an attachment to an open support case on your account)
Message 10 of 10 (361 Views)