BF4 settings won't save

by BottomYesPete

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 settings won't save

★ Novice

My settings reset every time I quit the game. I tried BF4 settings editor but it didn't help, I have all settings files. I think my BF4 won't load those settings files. Pls help.

Message 1 of 7 (8,331 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 settings won't save

Hero

Settings are saved to C:\Users\yourUsername\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings

make sure your Windows user has permissions to write to that folder and the files in it. You might also make sure Origin.exe and bf4.exe start with administrator rights:

runasadministrator.jpg

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (9,509 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Settings are saved to C:\Users\yourUsername\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings

make sure your Windows user has permissions to write to that folder and the files in it. You might also make sure Origin.exe and bf4.exe start with administrator rights:

runasadministrator.jpg

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 7 (9,510 Views)

★ Novice

Thx so much!!!

Message 3 of 7 (8,281 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem with BF1. I don't know how, but sometimes the game find the saves, and i can play the game normally, have the single player campaign saves, can play multiplayer. However, when It works properly, still i can't find BF1 saves folder in documents folder. I followed all of the steps, clean start, reinstall origin, bf1, unable cloud saves, update drivers, disable dx12, run origin and bf1 as administrator, antivirus exception for bf1. But I have the same problem every day, when i start origin and the game first time, it doesn't find my saves, only recognise my account name in the game (and can't go online). After few trying, like 15mins misery (do most of the steps (see above)), then suddenly the game starts properly and I can play like nothing happened.

Message 4 of 7 (6,858 Views)

★★ Novice
@BottomYesPete Were you ever able to get a fix? I have the same problem.
Message 5 of 7 (3,850 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@McNeill_Irish same here
Message 6 of 7 (2,471 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (2,388 Views)