Re: BF4 on Xbox One, trying to download Second Assault but it says "Null Name"

by ecgxbraveheart

Original Post

BF4 on Xbox One, trying to download Second Assault but it says "Null Name"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, I upgraded to premium and once I was in the game (after the game updated) I went into the store to download the Second Assault DLC.  I downloaded but said it couldn't be installed.  So I had to delete it and try again.  Same thing happened, but this time after I deleted the I went back to the store and under where it gives you the option to buy Premium, the SA DLC now just says "Null Name" and I can't even click on it.

Is there another way to push this for a download?  I really do not want to redownload this game again.  Anyone else come across this or am I the only lucky one? 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 19 (9,101 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this problem. I already chatted with the EA consultant who had no idea how to fix it and Microsoft rep online was even more no help. She even told me that the DLC was not yet available while we all gamers know this is exclusively available first on the Xbox One.

Please EA help!

Transcript from EA

info: Your approximate wait time is 0 minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with Vinay.
Vinay: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Vinay. How may I assist you today?
you: Hello, I can't download the second assault DLC for my xbox one
Vinay: Hello, Ron how are you ?
you: I'm fine thanks
Vinay: I apologize for this.
Vinay: May I know the email associated with your account?
you: [edit: email address removed]
Vinay: Thanks for the information.
Vinay: Have you redeemed premium membership?
you: Yes I have. I have purchased it originally on my xbox 360 and It's already installed on my xbox one
Vinay: Okay.
Vinay: Are you getting any message when trying to download second assault?
you: The DLC doesn't show up on the xbox one as a downloadable content. It just says NULL NAME and there's no price. I've seen on other consoles on youtube that has the DLC, instead of NULL NAME, it would say SECOND ASSAULT.
Vinay: Did you check after restarting console?
you: yes
Vinay: Okay did you get any option to download it from ingame store?
you: the option is there but it doesn't say the name of the DLC. it just says NULL NAME and when you select NULL NAME. it doesnt do anything but exit you out of the in game store
Vinay: Okay.
Vinay: Would you mind if I place your chat on hold for couple of minutes to look into the issue?
you: of course. thanks
you: i dont mind
Vinay: Thanks for waiting .
Vinay: Please try this.
Vinay: Go to multiplayer then server browser then search. in search type DICE it will bring up second assault maps and instead of join now for the A button it will say download Second Assault.
you: Yes. It will say Buy DLC. Then when it goes to the in game store. The DLC is not available. It only says NULL NAME
Vinay: Are you getting install option?
you: No. It just exits the store
you: In the store. It says Battlefield 4 Premium (which its already installed) and underneath that is NULL NAME where Battlefield 4 Second Assault DLC should be. When I select it, it just exits me out of the store
Vinay: In this case you may get the dlc at a later dates. For some xbox one players who have premium on their account it is available but for some it is not.  Don't worry it may be a server issue. You can get it in a later date.
you: That's not really helping. This is very frustrating. Thanks for your help anyway
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to [edit: email address removed] at the end of your chat session.

For some reason the transcript from Microsoft did not send it to my email

Message 2 of 19 (9,012 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here.  Can't download Second Assault because it's listed in store as "NULL NAME".

Message 3 of 19 (8,986 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exact same thing here and same thing when it came to getting help from EA.

Message 4 of 19 (8,969 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey nickpeck35,

I heard that some people were able to download all the maps after reinstalling the game on the Xbox One. Have you tried?

Message 5 of 19 (8,810 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried deleting the game and re-installing it as per the Microsoft Rep

Same thing happened. Still says NULL NAME

Message 6 of 19 (8,742 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Same problem here
Message 7 of 19 (8,725 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well "NULL NAME" looks like Microsoft made a booboo here... I cannot say for sure what the problem is but it's obviously not coming from EA or DICE. If you go to the store and it displays that, it's probably because it's a "dummy" that doesn't contain the actual expansion for download.

I'm pretty sure that the only solution at the moment for us is to wait until Microsoft/EA/DICE post something official about it. As long as it is like that, only a portion of player were able to download the pack... I don't want to feed the trolls or debate but I'm sad to see that there are even more problems with Xbox One/360

Keep Calm and wait for the Official Communication about the issue.

Message 8 of 19 (8,687 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
This is what I got told about It when I was on chat

info: Your approximate wait time is 0 minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with Mihai.
Mihai: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Mihai. How may I assist you today?
you: Hi I just download premium for xbox one and I can't down load the 2nd assault dlc it says in your store for bf4 that NULL NAME
Mihai: Second assault?
Mihai: Are you trying to access the expansion?
you: Yes that right
you: Am try to download it from the store
Mihai: Well, you cannot access that yet because it has not been released
you: But it's out on xbox one for premium member and I seen on the server browser that there guys play it and it says on the released calendar it's out
you: It was out on the 22/11/2013
Mihai: It is not out. The first DLC, China Rising will be available on 3 december for Premium users. Second Assault is a long way from the release
Mihai: Let me check something
you: that not what it says on the calendar and that not what it says on the browers for the game there dice server up and running play it just now
Mihai: Do you have Premium service on your account?
you: Yes I do
Mihai: I cannot look for that until i verify your account, that's why i am asking
Mihai: Okay then. let me check for the error
you: I can send u a screen shoot of the game saying that it's out
Mihai: No, i understand that. I just did not knew you have Premium that's all. My bad.
you: that ok I got the premium about a hour ago
Mihai: Unfortunately i cannot see any kind of reason why users might get that. Usually we are notified about the issues that might appear.
Mihai: Since you are telling me you have just activated your Premium, it might be because there is an amount of time needed for the account to update and get the entitlements he needs.
you: there is a feed on the battlefield ea help page about lots of people have the same problem and how long will this take
Mihai: I understand. Then it might be an issue with the servers right now,
you: I understand so there no time frame on when I be get the dlc
Mihai: Unfortunately no. But there are people working on this so should be fixed as fast as possible
you: Ok I understand it just a bit bugging u pay 39.99 for something and it just does not work that 2 ea games I got now that just don't work I had problem with 14 since it come out and all I he is we are fix the problem but nothing ever happen
Mihai: I am sorry for this. I understand your frustrations, i'd probably say the same.
you: That's fine I leave it a few days and see what happen
Mihai: Is there anything else i can do to help you?
you: No that fine
Message 9 of 19 (8,672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Think there are a few issues that are linked and I'm just writing up a log and have added this see BF Premium - SA Download

@nickpeck35 wrote:

Hello, I upgraded to premium and once I was in the game (after the game updated) I went into the store to download the Second Assault DLC.  I downloaded but said it couldn't be installed.  So I had to delete it and try again.  Same thing happened, but this time after I deleted the I went back to the store and under where it gives you the option to buy Premium, the SA DLC now just says "Null Name" and I can't even click on it.

Is there another way to push this for a download?  I really do not want to redownload this game again.  Anyone else come across this or am I the only lucky one? 

Thanks in advance.

I Uninstalled game/premium and now in-game store is unavailable and only thing to show in Xbox add-ons is Premium
Have made a log of issues and have added this too see BF4 SA - Premium
Message 10 of 19 (8,641 Views)